CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:56 AM   #1
brtrude
!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Hey guys!

anyone who has been following this thread....

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79956

....will know that i have been trying to breed my snakes without too much luck! I first started putting them together around two weeks ago with no witnessed hook ups in that time.
However, my female has been very tutchy lately, not eating, not breeding and roaming around her tub a lot!
I should have seen the signs that she was getting ready to lay eggs!
They cant be from Dezmond though because like i mentioned, i only put them together two weeks ago and i didnt witness anything, she also only came out of brumation towards the end of december and i bought her a good 6-7 months ago at least and in that time she has been with no males.

She laid the eggs this morning and all together there are 15.

4 of which look like they may have a chance and the rest i dont have much hope for.
There all in the incubator anyway and i have some hope for the 4 descent looking ones.

Im pretty sure she has finished laying now but shes very worn out. I have give her a spray down and offered her a small mouse but she werent interested in that.

here are some pics......

Laying some eggs! pretty clear that there not the most fertile eggs!!
I didnt even have a lay box ready it was a massive shock!

most of the infetile eggs. you can see the three in the middle that look a bit better than the rest.

this one looked to be the best so i kept it seperate.

since i took these pics i have managed to get the three good looking ones into the tub with the other good looking one and kept all the bad ones in there own little tub!
so theres 4 good looking ones in one tub and 11 bad ones in the other. iv still got my fingers crossed for some of these though.

i just hope i can get my Dizzles eating soon and back to full health!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:58 AM   #2
RobbiesCornField
Congratulations!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
Iguanagirl8662
Congrats, I hope a few of them hatch for you!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #4
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbiesCornField View Post
Congratulations!
thanks robbie!
i just hope the good ones pulled through! I was in shock this morning! i just did not see this coming in a million years!

oh ye, dont worry about all the air holes on the egg boxes, i have taped most of them up on the outside only leaving a few uncovered.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:02 PM   #5
brtrude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iguanagirl8662 View Post
Congrats, I hope a few of them hatch for you!
thank you! me to!

shal i wait until tomorrow or later on now to offer her another mouse??

Old 03-03-2009, 12:04 PM   #6
RobbiesCornField
I'd say tomorrow. And you might want to offer her just a fuzzy. She doesn't have a whole lot of energy left right now.

Old 03-03-2009, 12:06 PM   #7
Nanci
You need to buy a kingsnake...But that one looks sort of promising!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:21 PM   #8
brtrude
ye the mice i have got for her a really small!

lol nanci, why do i need a kingsnake???

Old 03-03-2009, 12:36 PM   #9
Nanci
To eat any current or future slugs!

Old 03-03-2009, 12:39 PM   #10
bigbull
congratz m8 now u know why she wouldnt hook up for ya i do hope the 4 eggs do well please let u know how it gose

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google