• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

!!!! My Unexpected EGGS !!!!

Brett, It's a liquid solution with electrolytes etc...made for human babies to help replace and regain elements lost when dehydrated. I would imagine they have something similar across the pond there?

ye im sure we do have stuff like that over here, i cant really get my brain functioning right now to think of any though lol its half 12 and im getting pretty darn tired! :)
think im going to read my book for a bit and then hit the sack and hope that my lady does her thing in her tub and then hopefully that will be the last of it!

il keep you guys posted as always! :cheers:

What's the latest on your egg laying machine? The eggs mostly look to me to be slugs. I wouldn't worry about the bad one attached to the good ones. I've never had a bad egg ruin healthy eggs. In my opinion, if they go bad, they were not good to begin with. As far as feeding my females, I feed a smaller than normal sized food item, but nothing as small as a pinky. I want her to replenish her calcium levels and pinkies have next to nothing. Once she sheds-and most of my females go into blue pretty rapidly after laying, then I'll bet she eats. I suspect until she's 1: laid all the eggs and 2: shed she won't eat anything. You might want to get some nutribac powder from kathy Love's site and dust her first few meals with that to help get some vitamins back into her.

What's the latest on your egg laying machine? The eggs mostly look to me to be slugs. I wouldn't worry about the bad one attached to the good ones. I've never had a bad egg ruin healthy eggs. In my opinion, if they go bad, they were not good to begin with. As far as feeding my females, I feed a smaller than normal sized food item, but nothing as small as a pinky. I want her to replenish her calcium levels and pinkies have next to nothing. Once she sheds-and most of my females go into blue pretty rapidly after laying, then I'll bet she eats. I suspect until she's 1: laid all the eggs and 2: shed she won't eat anything. You might want to get some nutribac powder from kathy Love's site and dust her first few meals with that to help get some vitamins back into her.

hey,
thanks for the great advice! she hadnt layed anymore eggs when i got up this morning and checked on her but last night she laid 3, so all together that brings the count up to 38! with only 5 in the incubator!

even though you couldnt really say that this has been a 'breading' as such, more like an egg laying marathon with NO breeding! lol it has definitely wet my appetite like you wouldnt believe! Having eggs in the incubator is such a good feeling and breeding corns is something that i will be doing for a long time to come!

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

she is eating a small mouse now! WOOOOO! :D im so relieved!

Hey Brett that is awesome!! And so glad this didn't turn you off of breeding. You certainly have gained a lot of valuable knowledge now too. Please keep us all posted on the remaining 5 eggs. Can't wait to see how this all turns out for you in a couple months now that Dizzles is done laying & now eating for you again. The best of luck to you two and once again glad she is done and eating for you again.
:cheers::cheers::cheers: for Dizzles!!

thanks guys! im really pleased that she has finally took a mouse, small as it may be!
and she has even shed today as well, so its been a pretty good day for me!
Dont expect this thread to die down though, ther will be plenty more updates on dizzles and the eggs! you can count on it! ;) lol :cheers:

Truly awesome Brett! eating is a great sign! LIke Tim said, pretty much instant experience with this one, I'm glad it's all over for you!
Now comes the cool part...egg hatching, but of course the waiting is first...

I guess that means she is finally done! What's the record number of eggs, anyway??
I think in Kathy's book it was 43?

I'd say for a first time daddy, you're doing very well ^_^. I kinda wish the same had happened for me... my first clutch was a complete surprise (rescued some snakes that had been cohabbed), and I got 28 good eggs out of it. I was NOT ready... things panned out for the best and I was able to handle it all, but it would have been WAY easier (not to mention less stressful) if I'd only gotten like 5, that's for sure!

Gracious! I just read this whole thread. Brett, you're a real trooper and so is Dizzles! I can't imagine how worried you must been during parts of this whole ordeal. Now that she's eating, she'll hopefully recover her strength soon. (How's your strength doing? Perhaps you need a batch of fresh brownies to aid in your recovery. That's my preferred medicine!)

Congratulations on getting Dizzles through this reproductive marathon! I'm glad you're excited about your potential mystery babies after all of this. Have you any idea at all what may hatch out of those eggs?

I can't help wondering if there's any data out there about record-sized clutches from a previous year's breeding. It sounds like Dizzles ought to be a serious contender for that award! Best of luck to you both. :cheers::cheers:

I'd say for a first time daddy, you're doing very well ^_^. I kinda wish the same had happened for me... my first clutch was a complete surprise (rescued some snakes that had been cohabbed), and I got 28 good eggs out of it. I was NOT ready... things panned out for the best and I was able to handle it all, but it would have been WAY easier (not to mention less stressful) if I'd only gotten like 5, that's for sure!

thank you so much for the posotive feed back!

it has been more exciting than stressfull really, however the last week or so when she has continued to lay eggs it has been quite stressfull! plus the fact that she wouldnt eat!
but hopefully were on the road to full strength!

Gracious! I just read this whole thread. Brett, you're a real trooper and so is Dizzles! I can't imagine how worried you must been during parts of this whole ordeal. Now that she's eating, she'll hopefully recover her strength soon. (How's your strength doing? Perhaps you need a batch of fresh brownies to aid in your recovery. That's my preferred medicine!)

Congratulations on getting Dizzles through this reproductive marathon! I'm glad you're excited about your potential mystery babies after all of this. Have you any idea at all what may hatch out of those eggs?

I can't help wondering if there's any data out there about record-sized clutches from a previous year's breeding. It sounds like Dizzles ought to be a serious contender for that award! Best of luck to you both. :cheers::cheers:

thank you caryl for the nice comment!
it has deffinately been an experience, i feel like i have grown as a snake keeper over the last couple of weeks for sure! I have no idea what will hatch out of the eggs but i am looking forward to finding out! :)

oh ye......................i think i could do with a clutch of those fresh brownies! lol

mmmmmm, that sounds good! your making me hungry! lol

Tim, it would make my day if a butter motley was to hatch out from one of the eggs, that would be such a result! but the butter motley i mentioned to you earlier would be from a breeder here in the uk.
do you think that there is any chance though that something other than a normal or say, an amel or snow could hatch out from the eggs????

mmmmmm, that sounds good! your making me hungry! lol

Tim, it would make my day if a butter motley was to hatch out from one of the eggs, that would be such a result! but the butter motley i mentioned to you earlier would be from a breeder here in the uk.
do you think that there is any chance though that something other than a normal or say, an amel or snow could hatch out from the eggs????

Sorry Brett I was teasing you on the Butter Motley. Saying I bet one will show up (meaning you go buy the one you want) and pretend it is Dizzles to fool your mom.;)
Without knowing what the male is I would definitely say you have yourself a "MYSTERY" clutch. And how very exciting to think what might pip from them eggs.
Either way they are a special group. Wished I lived closer I would like one just for following this thread with you. Cool story behind each one Brett.
Good Cheer to you my friend.:cheers:

Sorry Brett I was teasing you on the Butter Motley. Saying I bet one will show up (meaning you go buy the one you want) and pretend it is Dizzles to fool your mom.;)
Without knowing what the male is I would definitely say you have yourself a "MYSTERY" clutch. And how very exciting to think what might pip from them eggs.
Either way they are a special group. Wished I lived closer I would like one just for following this thread with you. Cool story behind each one Brett.
Good Cheer to you my friend.:cheers:

haha oh ye i totally forgot about the plan! :p ye deffinately.....thinking about it one of them may just turn out to be a butter motley 100percent het stripe! ;) what a surprise!
and may you also have many merry of good cheers! :cheers:lol

Hey Brett, Just checking in to see if Dizzles is almost recovered and well. And how are the "Fab 5" looking? I keep forgetting to ask? Did you ever contact who Dizzles came from to see what kind of corn she was shagging with before you bought her. :)

Back