• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bumps on his tail

Felix2018

My corn snake is 12 years old and he’s got these two bumps near the end of his tail they feel like muscle but look like fat pockets not sure if they are just his body or if they are a health concern.

Any thoughts ?
915dd4fbf6ce5b340beee78546e225c2.jpg
IMG_3661.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You did say it was a male right? He's probably "Well Endowed," but you can always carry him to a vet if you want to be sure.

Attachments

• 1 Male.jpg
    1 Male.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 52
Karl, those lumps are cranial to the cloaca, not caudal to it. The hemipenes are located up inside the tail and are parallel to each other. The only time they'd be swollen like that is if they were infected, had an injury, or had developed masses.
As these are cranial to the vent, your most likely culprit is indeed fat deposits, but tumors and cysts are also a real possibility so your best bet is to see a vet.

Karl, those lumps are cranial to the cloaca, not caudal to it. The hemipenes are located up inside the tail and are parallel to each other. The only time they'd be swollen like that is if they were infected, had an injury, or had developed masses.
As these are cranial to the vent, your most likely culprit is indeed fat deposits, but tumors and cysts are also a real possibility so your best bet is to see a vet.

I agree, those are most likely fat deposits. It's hard to tell the condition of the complete corn body from the pictures, but he appears very healthy and well care for, and I hope those are just a sign of eating well for 12 years. Do let us know what your vet determines.

I agree, those are most likely fat deposits. It's hard to tell the condition of the complete corn body from the pictures, but he appears very healthy and well care for, and I hope those are just a sign of eating well for 12 years. Do let us know what your vet determines.

Thankyou everyone we are taking him to the vet for a check up to see what’s going on once we find out what it is I will definitely pass it on to everyone
Thanks for the help guys!!

Thankyou everyone we are taking him to the vet for a check up to see what’s going on once we find out what it is I will definitely pass it on to everyone
Thanks for the help guys!!

We have taken Felix to the vet and have discovered that they are just fat pockets. The vet said that corns like to store their fat in funny places, but we will be keeping an eye on them [emoji5]

Back