CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Lost my Corn 1ft 7in might be in the walls help

Old 08-17-2015, 07:42 PM   #11
DollysMom
I can tell you are hurting and missing your snake. Hang in there and don't give up. Here's a hug for you ((((((CathySnake)))))).

Old 08-18-2015, 10:55 PM   #12
CathySnake
I would like to know if corns can eat bugs like garters if they really needed to. Also how fast do they get dehydrated and info would be appreciated and making me feel better.

Old 08-19-2015, 05:50 AM   #13
Karl_Mcknight
My True Story regarding a lost snake:

This happened about 40 years ago, I was about 17 at the time. I had a Red Tailed Boa Constrictor that I raised from a baby. She was about 5 feet long at this time. I still lived at home and my Mom hated snakes. She could not even stand the sight of a snake, and she made me promise to keep the snake in my room.

One day I came home from school and the lid of the cage was on the floor and the snake was gone. I looked everywhere. I dragged everything out of my closet. I turned the room upside down. I searched the whole house. I could not find the snake anywhere.

I did not tell my mom. She would have freaked out if she knew my snake had got loose and was running around the house somewhere. So I decided to give it a few days and see if she returned.

Weeks went by. Finally a month. No sign of my snake. I figured by now, no water, no food, she is either out of the house or somewhere in the house dead. I still didn't tell my mom. But at the same time I was heartbroken.

A few days later I came home from school, walked in the house, and as I turned to go up the steps to my room I saw a 5 foot long Boa Constrictor laying on the kitchen floor. She was just laying there looking at me. I walked over, picked her up, and put her back in her cage. Ha! To this day, mom still never knew.

I don't see how she survived a month without water, but she did. In fact she looked fine. I gave her fresh water, and the next day fed her a rat. I ended up keeping her unteil she was almost 11 feet long, 15 years of age. I ended up donating her to the "Childrens Museum" where she ended her life bringing joy and education to children in the school system. I got a letter from them one day telling me she had Passed Away at the ripe old age of 22.

Old 08-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #14
daisymaisy
Aww, I bet she will turn up soon. Having people out of the house might make her more comfortable coming out and finding her way back.
I love the boa story. I have a similar corn snake escape story: when I was in college home on Xmas break, I snuck my bf's snake home. My mom knew, but my dad hates snakes. Well, of course the snake got out. I alerted my mom, and we saw the tail end of her disappearing under the furnace room door and down under the house. Now this was December so we figured she was a goner. Couldn't find her, didn't come back out. The next April, she showed up in the laundry room looking plump and healthy! We figure she ate mice and kept warm on the pipes or near the ducts. My bf had her for years after that. So don't give up hope! She is just quietly hiding somewhere. Maybe on a quiet evening brain a frozen thawed mouse and try luring her out from where you think she could be. Good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 08-21-2015, 12:20 PM   #15
kdickens
Make sure you leave your snake's water bowl out where you last saw it. They can survive for a while without food, but need water. It might show up at night looking for water. Hope you find it soon!

Old 08-22-2015, 08:44 AM   #16
billbaker71
My wifes snake escaped and we looked everywhere later I found alive and well 5 feet away from cage in our waste basket.

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Old 11-14-2015, 01:22 AM   #17
CathySnake
It has been over 3 months now I haven't smelt anything so I am hopeful she is alive I miss my snake Cathy no less then when I first lost her. Life hasn't been the best though. Found out I have scoliosis might need a brace and I have had a blood test for Marfans (I hope I dont have it but I have alot of the signs) My dad refuses to change shift so he never sleeps so he is always getting angry and cursing and punching things.
I nust want this all to stop This school year almost none of my friends are in my classes and I am worried my report card will bring bad grades. Right now my dad is banging around and cursing (like usual) and when he sees me crying he says I need to tuffen up. Rarely he says he will try harder to sleep and he never does anyways, it never takes long for him to drink beer and turn up the stereo while I try to study or practice my viola. This would all be easier if I had Cathy back and I would never trust myself with another snake even though I want a snake so badly.
You dont have to respond this is just a vent for all my pent up feelings.

Old 11-14-2015, 02:57 AM   #18
DollysMom
Hugs from one lost snake owner to another.

Old 11-14-2015, 03:50 AM   #19
kdickens
Hi CathySnake ... Sorry you haven't found Cathy yet. There's not much anyone can do to make you feel better that's for sure. But don't let this keep you from some day getting another snake. Try to focus on school and keep your grades up. What grade are you in?
I also hope your medical issues can be looked after. I know it must be a mental as well as physical burden for you!
I'm thinking of you CathySnake!
(BTW ... what's your name?)

Ken

Old 11-14-2015, 08:05 AM   #20
crosbybeast12
One of mine escaped and turned up 6 months later on my kitchen floor wanting food. I searched everywhere. Don't lose hope it will return. Mine was a hatchling

more on twitter @skythegsd

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
lost, snake trap