CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

DIY: Making my own cage furniture...

Old 09-11-2008, 12:48 PM   #1
jpccusa
DIY: Making my own cage furniture...

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/sho...hlight=Sculpey

Old 09-11-2008, 06:27 PM   #2
TripleMoonsExotic
I'm not diggin' the people who are just linking threads (especially if they didn't write them). Why not instead PM Rich the links to move them here if they are really DIY. The thread linked here isn't even DIY.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 PM   #3
VinnyJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
I'm not diggin' the people who are just linking threads (especially if they didn't write them). Why not instead PM Rich the links to move them here if they are really DIY. The thread linked here isn't even DIY.
Why bother Rich? Does the link to the info hurt anyone? I link to websites and content that isn't mine all the time so people can find the info easier here or from other sites. What's the harm? Of course the title should have been different.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #4
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ View Post
Why bother Rich? Does the link to the info hurt anyone? I link to websites and content that isn't mine all the time so people can find the info easier here or from other sites. What's the harm? Of course the title should have been different.
I think it's silly; a waste of a thread.
This is the DIY sections, post actual DIY. If someone was searching for an actual DIY on building their own cage furniture, they'd be disappointed going through the two clicks just to find out it's not DIY.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:24 PM   #5
VinnyJ
Quote:
I think it's silly; a waste of a thread.
This is the DIY sections, post actual DIY. If someone was searching for an actual DIY on building their own cage furniture, they'd be disappointed going through the two clicks just to find out it's not DIY.
I completely disagree. It's a DIY thread from 2002 before the DIY section existed. The title should have been different as I stated but I don't see an issue linking to it. I think he would have improved the chances of someone finding info on "making you're own bowls and furniture out of sculpy clay" if the title was correct. If someone did a search on bowls in the DIY section maybe they would find this thread. I still don't see the harm in it.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:59 PM   #6
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ View Post
I completely disagree. It's a DIY thread from 2002 before the DIY section existed. The title should have been different as I stated but I don't see an issue linking to it. I think he would have improved the chances of someone finding info on "making you're own bowls and furniture out of sculpy clay" if the title was correct. If someone did a search on bowls in the DIY section maybe they would find this thread. I still don't see the harm in it.
You disagreeing with me isn't going to change my opinion.
Their is no step by step instruction on the thread on how to make anything, so how is it DIY? Why link a thread that can already be searched for as is (which is why I suggested moving it as opposed to linking it)? Whole thing reminds me of this thread.
Either way, we're going to have to agree to disagree on the whole thing. I have my point, you have yours.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:33 PM   #7
VinnyJ
Quote:
You disagreeing with me isn't going to change my opinion.
Their is no step by step instruction on the thread on how to make anything, so how is it DIY? Why link a thread that can already be searched for as is (which is why I suggested moving it as opposed to linking it)? Whole thing reminds me of this thread.
Either way, we're going to have to agree to disagree on the whole thing. I have my point, you have yours.
Nor am I trying to change your opinion... I just don't agree with your opinion.

DIY doesn't stand for "step by step". Come on... you take clay and put it in the oven... how many steps do you need. In any case you're "doing it yourself". The link you gave is a bit different... that info is a lot easier to find and in the appropriate area. Rich could move the thread and that woud be fine if he has the time. I guess I'm not diggin' someone discouraging someone else that's only trying to be helpful. Just seem uneccessarily negative. It's like telling all the noobs you're not going to answer their question because it's been asked a thousand times and they should have done a search for the info.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:39 PM   #8
Jimmysan00
I think my threads, were all STEP BY STEP. So it's not all the posts that have links. I just rather post a link to the step by step than copy and paste it and have people ask me questions.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:53 PM   #9
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ
DIY doesn't stand for "step by step". Come on... you take clay and put it in the oven... how many steps do you need. In any case you're "doing it yourself".
Then why post it at all if it's nothing but putting clay in the oven?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyJ
I guess I'm not diggin' someone discouraging someone else that's only trying to be helpful. Just seem uneccessarily negative. It's like telling all the noobs you're not going to answer their question because it's been asked a thousand times and they should have done a search for the info.
You're comparing apples to oranges there. If you run a search...and the thread you click on is just a link to ANOTHER thread on the forum...How do you know if the link in the thread you already searched for is what you really want? You don't think that's even a little silly? Creating threads to an existing thread that can just be searched for in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysan00 View Post
I think my threads, were all STEP BY STEP. So it's not all the posts that have links. I just rather post a link to the step by step than copy and paste it and have people ask me questions.
I never said it was all the threads with just links posted that didn't have step by step, but I did say that it's silly to just post a link to an existing thread on CS.com. I'd rather see the actual threads moved. Just a difference of opinion.

Old 09-11-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
ghosthousecorns
Isn't the whole idea for there to be one area where all the do it yourself projects are gathered together for easy finding? Who cares if it's a link, it still will be possibly helpful to somebody. The search function doesn't always work to find stuff. At least by putting links to threads in this section people have a good starting point.
Why should Rich have to do all this extra stuff to move the threads here? I mean, the guy is already pretty busy.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google