CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

New enclosure lid!

Old 10-26-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
doortech9
New enclosure lid!

I had to ditch the old lid that was on top, so i fashioned a new one from some 1"x1" angle iron and made a sliding top from 3/4" veneer plywood. I ventilated it using a piece of 1/16, 1/8 perforated galvanized steel, found at an old creamery. It is very heavy, and I'm sure there wont be any escape issues. I didn't make any directions step by step, due to it being quite time consuming and being not entirely "everybody" friendly, construction wise. If anyone wants to know some step by step instruction feel free to ask. Everything you see was designed and built by me, viv/stand and lid, excluding the cutting of glass. Here are a few shots of my setup, and a cool little photo of the inhabitant.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:09 PM   #2
knox
Looks Great! Nice idea...

Old 10-26-2008, 10:10 PM   #3
knox
By the way, that stand is beautiful! I love the contrasting wood.

Old 10-26-2008, 10:29 PM   #4
SnakeCreations
Hey! That's nice Alot nicer than the lids I fashion that usually involve textbooks and rubber bands

-Tonya

Old 10-26-2008, 11:20 PM   #5
doortech9
Thanks Knox, I spent a lot of time arranging that hardwood so it was just right! (see link)

SnakeCreations, I had a crappy aluminium top on there with rocks and a piece of steel holding it down forever! I definitely know what you mean, but it works right?

Here's the thread for the stand ! http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67453.

Old 10-26-2008, 11:37 PM   #6
Jenstar
That stand is beautiful... Maybe you should start a business making stands and selling them at the shows...

Old 10-26-2008, 11:43 PM   #7
doortech9
I would love to be able to make a few bucks doing stuff like that! It took such a long time though, i don't know if i would be able to charge enough to make up for my time. Thanks for the compliment I'm proud of my little projects

Old 10-26-2008, 11:45 PM   #8
The_Thunderer
Wow!!! Great job on the whole "shebang". Congrats and KUDOS!!!

Old 10-29-2008, 08:43 PM   #9
doortech9
Thanks Fred

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google