CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Miscellaneous Corn Snake Discussions This is a "none of the above" forum. All posts should still be related to cornsnakes in one form or another, but some slight off topic posting is fine.

Outside enclosure???

Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #1
nicolefowler2005
Outside enclosure???

Does anyone know of something I can buy that I can use to let my snakes outside during the summer to enjoy the sun and grass and such?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 03-21-2017, 02:10 AM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
Snake Leash

You mean like this? I suppose you could drive a pole into the ground if you didn't want to have to hold the leash.

Old 03-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #3
daddio207
Whatever you come up with keep in mind that there has to be shade/shelter and water provided. A snake can overheat in direct sunlight even on a cool sunny day.
Also if you aren't going to watch them 100% of the time then it must be very secure.
Possibly converting a rabbit hutch ??? Would need to change the wire to nylon screen to make it escape proof. Plus nylon will be easier on the snake if it is nose rubbing.

PS: I apologize to all Floridians for thinking that Karl's pic had to be in FL. LOL A quick image search shows that it is in Seattle WA.

Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #4
nicolefowler2005
Yeah a rabbit hutch might work but I would probably have to put a smaller screen over the bars so they can't escape! I just wanted something so I could put them outside for maybe a couple hours a day so they can get real sunlight and exercise! I would definitely be watching them!! I found one online that looks like a screen tent that I may get to see if that will work! It's meant for cats I guess but it's made of stuff like window screen! I could put a blanket or something over half so they can have shade!

Old 03-21-2017, 12:24 PM   #5
nicolefowler2005

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google