CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

tessera vs terrazzo

Old 03-10-2018, 10:17 PM   #1
jautumn75
tessera vs terrazzo

I'm not really familiar with these terms, but I think they are both pattern morphs? I'm just curious what the difference is and if anyone can post pics that would be great! Thanks.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:22 AM   #2
crackerhead
They are both primarily pattern morphs. The biggest difference is that Tessera is a dominant gene and Terrazzo is recessive. Terrazzos vary dramatically in their patterning. From the heavily broken markings to more of a striped patterning. Their bellies are clear and they tend to take on a hypo-ish coloration. Thus far they have not been not been shown to be allelic with stripe or motley.
Terri

Old 03-11-2018, 02:24 PM   #3
Twolunger
Why don't you check out iansvivarium.com and see all the pictures and morphs? It's amazing how many morphs are identified already. I have a male normal stripe het snow sired by a confetti male. I was hoping to get a confetti, but so far I have not. The confetti pattern is really broken up.

Old 03-11-2018, 08:13 PM   #4
jautumn75
Thank you both, this helped. Good luck with the confetti pattern, that sounds like a fun project.

Old 03-12-2018, 11:17 AM   #5
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I have a male normal stripe het snow sired by a confetti male. I was hoping to get a confetti, but so far I have not. The confetti pattern is really broken up.
I wouldn't hold my breath, personally. "Confetti" and other paradoxes have never proven to be heritable, though there is the possibility it might somewhat increase the odds of producing another.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #6
Twolunger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonling View Post
I wouldn't hold my breath, personally. "Confetti" and other paradoxes have never proven to be heritable, though there is the possibility it might somewhat increase the odds of producing another.
I know what you mean. They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, but that was proven to be wrong. LOL. Actually, I bought him because of his other possibilities.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:41 PM   #7
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
I know what you mean. They say lightning doesn't strike twice in the same place, but that was proven to be wrong. LOL. Actually, I bought him because of his other possibilities.
"They" also say things like "blind as a bat" and other inanities. I have to wonder how many sayings like that actually originated with educated indivuduals vs. the peanut gallery.

I have seen at least one person produce a paradox from another paradox, but who knows, it could have just been a random fluke? We do see that kind of trend in twinning as well, so maybe not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google