CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

How long is long enough to wait?

Old 03-04-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Shiari
How long is long enough to wait?

Sooooo.... I'm trying to move my critters out of my current rack system and into actual caging. I browsed through multiple companies, comparing prices, sizes, and reputation before settling on one. I emailed them, got a reply 3 days later, and sent a response to them the same day they emailed me. After 9 days with no further communication either through email or facebook, I let them know that I would be looking elsewhere for my caging needs (losing them a sale to the tune of about $3k) due to the lack of communication. I felt that waiting 9 days was beyond reasonable when trying to finalize a sale.

So I go to my second choice, email them... and it's been 4 days with no response. Is a week long enough to wait? I personally feel it's adequate, but am I being too impatient?

Old 03-05-2016, 01:37 AM   #2
Dragonling
I commiserate somewhat...I have 2 more snakes coming to me very soon and the rack I ordered over a month ago is still not shipped, even though it's a "quick ship" item. I did get a very fast response from PMHerps about rack tubs though.

Who have you tried so far? Have you talked to...whatever Beeger Boxes renamed themselves? I think I'd go a week and email again if no response.

Old 03-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #3
Nanci
I think you should receive a response within 48 hours.

Laura, did you order from Reptile Basics? Apparently their machine was down, but is back up. I'm trying juvenile racks from them- I don't know...

Animal Plastics is notoriously slow- but worth it. And they actually communicate.

Who's that guy, though, the one who makes the "best" cages? I can't think of the name. He doesn't communicate at all. I guess I'd look on BOI, and see which manufacturers are fast, and which are not.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:20 AM   #4
Shiari
Boaphiles is the one that communicates not at all. XD

If I don't hear back from the second option in another 3 days (giving 10 days total) I'm going to go back to the first as they offered me a 15% discount on any future orders.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:23 AM   #5
Dragonling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Laura, did you order from Reptile Basics? Apparently their machine was down, but is back up. I'm trying juvenile racks from them- I don't know...

Animal Plastics is notoriously slow- but worth it. And they actually communicate.
I ordered from Animal Plastics, since I'm on a tight budget for this year. I bought too many snakes! At this rate I wish I'd have just built my own. I'm already making plans to build a hatchling rack since it's so much cheaper, just requires more time and effort. I was planning to buy Dustin's extra AP rack too, but at this point I might just build a larger 2nd adult rack and use my 6-shelf economy rack for juvenile holdbacks.

I think I will email AP Cages...it's been about 5 weeks.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:44 AM   #6
Shirl
My racks from AP took 10 weeks from order to delivery. I started calling them at about 8 weeks to try to push it along, lol!

Old 03-06-2016, 01:01 PM   #7
Dragonling
Oh joy... I have up to 3 adults arriving soon and I'm running out of heat mats. x_x;

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google