CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Feeding Chart

Old 03-18-2016, 11:06 PM   #1
Asher9
Feeding Chart

Does anyone know of a good feeding chart? I have heard that the Munson feeding chart is too aggressive.

Old 03-19-2016, 07:00 AM   #2
HannaKonda
I use the Munson plan as a guide rather than hard rules. Once my snake hits the weight mark for the next size prey item, I start looking for that food bump 24 hours after feeding. When I don't see the bump the next day, then I move up to the next size up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Old 03-19-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
Blue Apple Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher9 View Post
Does anyone know of a good feeding chart? I have heard that the Munson feeding chart is too aggressive.
I agree, I feel the Munson plan is too aggressive. Here's what I do:

Start with small pinkies once a week. When I no longer see a lump 24 hr later, move to large pinkies, when no longer see a lump after 24 hr, move to fuzzies, rinse and repeat.

I continue this up to jumbo mice and all my snakes get fed once a week. No need to feed more often as they do great on this schedule. And for me, it's so much easier designating a day of the week as "feeding day" rather than having ever 5 days or whatever.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:36 AM   #4
Nanci
I use the munson plan, but adjust my snakes' weights up about 5 grams before going up a step, and I start with the lowest weight mouse in the range, and I don't feed less than 5 days for young snakes. They are weekly once they get to hoppers. My adults go to every two weeks when they reach 200 grams. And I slit the mice until the snake is on adults. And I don't ever feed larger than a medium adult mouse.

Old 03-20-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
Asher9
Thanks everyone! I will check if my snake has a lump 24 hours after feeding.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google