CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Springtime in Tinley Park

Old 03-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #1
DollysMom
Springtime in Tinley Park

I went to Tinley NARBC yesterday and went a little crazy. I can't add any animals at the moment but that didn't stop me from spoiling my babies with some new decor. This all has to be sanitized first, but Cleo and Clyde are going to have some fun with this stuff.

My favorite find is the polished coconut shell hide. And for those who've been saying that Cleo needs a bigger log, here it is!

The show was awesome. I saw so many wonderful animals, especially snakes. It was real light on corn snakes, but I'm sure that's a time of year issue. I had a real nice visit at the USARK booth (full disclosure, I'm a member). I love the chameleons and the leo's are adorable. There was a whole booth full of the cutest Kenyan sand boas.

My son and daughter-in-law went with me and I was able to sound smart by explaining what "het" meant. They saw some het palmettos and wondered why they were so expensive.

The most expensive snakes we saw were albino Brazilian rainbow boas for $20,000 ea. I wish I could remember if they were T- or T+ We decided to pass on those, lol. Luckily, I like the normal BRBs better . Anyway a good time was had by all.

Old 03-20-2016, 03:11 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
yeah and if you had bought that 20,000 dollar boa, you'd have had to buy it's "Feeding Yacht" too. Probably as finicky as a Vanderbilt picking the Shrimps out of a salad at a Wedding.

But the stuff you did buy should bring loads of Joy to those "Common Snakes" that people like us have.

Old 03-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #3
DollysMom
I dearly love my "common" snakes. Of course there is nothing common about our common snakes. Your Rufus, Karl, is a perfect example of that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google