• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New

Lavender

Hello, I'm pretty new to the site. I have some first produced cornsnakes that I would like to post pictures of.

Your amel is DEFINITELY not the first ever amel tessera. It's very pretty though! So's the anery. I want it. XD

Anyway, welcome! Hope you enjoy the forum!

The picture is beautiful :) I myself am new to the site & I have recently started breeding my own feeders & I am hoping that all goes well, I am just now starting on my second year of keeping snakes, I currently have 1) common checker belly corn & 1) albino stripe amel. And when my female is old enough I hope to breed her & my male they both have such wonderful temperaments that I hope some of their offspring will have the temperament as well.

Check out the photo gallery on the forum, there are several threads with pictures of Tesseras.

Hope that helps!
-Hilly

I've browsed about 4 pages in the gallery. I havn't seen any other striped Tesseras yet. But if they are other ones out there earlier than mine I stand corrected.

How did you make them? I mean, did you breed a het striped het snow tessera to a snow stripe, or some other method?

They are gorgeous examples of snake genetics. I'm not sure if I'd ever seen a snow tessera before. Snows are my weakness.

striped tesseras

I posted pictures to Don Soderberg before I did anything else. According to him, my stripe tesseras that were born yesterday and today are the first he has ever seen. I'm going on his knowledge and experience. The pairing was a tessera het anery + amel to a snow motley. This bag of goodies has been very exciting. I also have 2 of the cleanest most crisp motleys I've ever seen come from this clutch.

I've got to get them eating before I price any of them. To tell you the truth it's gonna be hard to sell them. I'm corresponding with Don on pricing because, I don't won't to mess the market up. I've had a very bad experience, shipping snakes but I am a rookie at shipping but not breeding. I will try to sell locally first, meaning I will drive maybe quite a ways if some one is serious about them.

They are quite clearly, to my eye, Tesseras. (They have a strong, continuous stripe all the way to the vent, a very typical break, and then a very typical Tessera tail marking.)

I thought normal Tessera stripe(s) had been produced. Did Don mean those were the first morphs?

Did you know your Tessera was het stripe, or was it just luck of the draw, since many are?

I got my tessera from Don. The babies have been hatching for the last couple of days. I was worried when they were born with out the tesselated sides but when I sent Don the pictures he told me exactly what I had. Don has striped tesseras but none of what I have. He is the one that told me that to his knowledge I have the first snow, amel, and possibly zombie stripe tesseras.

Seems a few tessera's are turning up het stripe, and seeing as how a "striped Okeetee" project was key in their foundation no surprise there. Yours are sure sweet lookin' snakes, Lavender :)

Back