• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

2019 Breeding

rolandslf

Clutch 1 was laid on 18 November. Now on day 52, after being incubated at 30 degrees C. I don't know if that one egg has pipped or split, a number of others are also indented. Has anyone had eggs pip at day 52 or around there.
e9d782951e8924391106320cfad15fcc.jpg

Sent from my WAS-LX1 using Tapatalk

Clutch 2 was laid on 14 December 2019, so still a long way to go.
30fefc5ffb1c4fb637fd23cf7a96e929.jpg

Clutch 1 is in the incubator, Military Style. Clutch 2 is in the incubator Conventional style.

30*C is higher than generally recommended. There's no wiggle room in case of a heat spike which means a greater chance of deformities/dead eggs, and the babies develop faster but are often smaller.

I incubate on the lower end of the range, typically between 79 and 81 (26*C to 27*C) degrees and usually get hatchlings between days 65 and 80, depending.

So that was definitely a pip. Went to check on the eggs an hour ago, and found 3 hatchlings already out. The pairing was Albino x Albino, and it looks like I have a Snow in the mix. I got both parents as Albino, so a nice surprise to find that both are het for Anery.
9ce8918742bef4f51baff4828d40d89f.jpg

What a busy day, checked on the adult Corns, found clutch No. 3, only 7 eggs, but thats okay. Clutch 3 is in the incubator.
b533504fed380b99702b7af95106e558.jpg

Congrats on the babies and the surprise het!
The temps are a little high, as mentioned. Watch for kinks in the babies as well. Higher incubation temps can lead to kinks as well.

Hello, no moss on the eggs. That is bits of vermiculate as they moved around the tub and over the eggs.

I will candle both Clutch 2 and Clutch 3 on Sunday evening. Maybe I should just leave Clutch 2 alone as it has already been in the incubator for 37 days. I actually forgot to candle it.

Of the 14 babies, 7 have had their first shed, and 5 of the 7 have taken their first feed.

Of the 14 babies, all 14 have now shed, and 12 have taken their first meal. There are 2 fussy feeders, but they will come around.

@Mystic Exotics. I will take individual pics as they have already been sorted into individual tubs. I will sex them this weekend and take the pics.

Back