CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Carol's Corner
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Carol's Corner Just a place to park this year's breeding plans and progress, come take a look and see what I have cooking!

Progression thread: Suspected Miami

Old 09-02-2019, 04:51 PM   #1
carol
Progression thread: Suspected Miami

I sure hope this guy is a Miami and not an Anery.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 09-02-2019, 06:17 PM   #2
Rich Z
You know, at one time I had a mind's eye view of a project animal that would have stark black blotches on a brilliant yellow background. So of course I combined Caramel and 'A' Anerythrism with this in mind. Never did get what I was shooting for, but some of the Anerythristics that came out of that project were outstanding. Very contrasty with jet black blotches and silver gray backgrounds. Quite similar to the animal you are showing here.

Quite likely it was the combination of Caramel and 'A' Anerythrism that was providing that effect, but I never did pursue it since I wasn't getting the animals I originally wanted. That and the realization that yellow seems to take a long time to make itself evident in the babies, which made the time frame for determining whether I was taking a step on the right direction a bit longer than I wanted for a project.

Old 09-03-2019, 02:43 AM   #3
carol
That would have been very cool, a batman corn. I could see how that would be a looong project.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Old 09-03-2019, 08:04 PM   #4
MysticExotics
I am anxious to see this one after a few sheds!! (As I am sure you are as well!)

Old 09-05-2019, 10:31 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
The eye color gives it a chance of not being an anery. Keep us posted.
Regarding high contrast anery corns, Lee Abbott has produce one real nice ones with jet black blotches. Had photos of adults at Daytona and they don't change much as adults. It is an extreme okeetee anery. Of course I purchased a nice example hatchling.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
carol
Update.

Old 10-01-2019, 09:19 PM   #7
Frank Pinello
Turning out to be a nice little Miami as I suspected. The eyes gave it away.
Thank you for the update.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google