CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Starting all over again

Old 04-25-2019, 07:48 PM   #1
Dennis Gulla
Starting all over again

Hello! My name is Dennis. I registered with this site again after a 14 year absence. I’ve always had a few snakes as pets my whole life growing up in Florida. Im the late 90’s my collection was exclusively boas. After a few years of frustration and inconsistency with breeding success my friend suggested colubrids. I had success breeding kings, milksnakes and cornsnakes. Eventually, my collection was exclusively cornsnakes. I purchased a couple of proven breeders from Rich back in 02 I believe. I was around when Fauna Classifieds and the Board of Inquiry were first launched.

Due to some personal medical issues, I sold my entire collection, rack systems, incubators etc. I’m finally at a point in my like where I’m ready to start all over again. I loved being in my “snake room!”

Old 04-25-2019, 11:38 PM   #2
Twolunger
Welcome back. You may be surprised at some of the morphs available now.

Old 04-26-2019, 01:13 PM   #3
Dennis Gulla
Thank you! Yes, stripped butters, Lavender motley and Opals were a big deal!

Old 04-26-2019, 02:21 PM   #4
Twolunger
Do a search for the morphs that Steve Roylance posted on the forum over the past few years. When I saw some of the pictures I thought there is no way to produce morphs like those, but he does it consistently. Lucky guy...

Old 04-26-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Frank Pinello
Hi Dennis. Just like you I sold my entire corn snake collection in 2006. Had about 40 breeders then. That was the year my wife gave birth to twin boys with a 4 year old big brother. I just couldn't give my collection the high level attention I wanted. I was on the cutting edge back then.
About a couples of years ago I slowly started getting back into it again. I have 23 corns now. I'll have more as my kids get older and hold back a few hatchlings each year. I too had to figure out all the new stuff that came out since I left it but it doesn't take long to catch up on the new morphs. However I feel that my collection is way behind the times. But each August I get a couple of those high end corns at the National Reptile Expo in Daytona.
I'm really enjoying getting back into it again and I'm sure you will too.

Old 04-26-2019, 09:19 PM   #6
Rich Z
Welcome back!

If you can recall your previous member name here, we can try to recover it for you if you would like.

Strangely enough, I really don't feel any pull to get back into this stuff after retiring from it 8 or 9 years ago. Maybe I went about it way too hard for way too long, and all the fuses got blown at once.

Honestly, Connie and I find a lot of enjoyment in just watching the native lizards we have around here. The fence lizards, especially. Several weeks ago I was putting some new screening on the vents to the crawlspace to the house, and had a large fence lizard sitting on the concrete block literally at my elbow watching me while I installed one of them. That works for me at this stage of my life.

Old 04-27-2019, 12:32 AM   #7
Dennis Gulla
Thank you for your reply Frank and Rich! I would always visit your both Rich at the Tampa reptile show! I have attended the National Breeders Expo in Daytona as well. I was born and raised in Miami, but left in 95 to move to the Tampa Bay area. In 2010, I moved to Northern California. I’m not sure what my login
would have been back then, but name remains the same (Dennis Gulla.) I do not currently have any snakes yet, just researching, animals, breeders, cage makers etc. I used to make all of my adult and hatching racks out or melamine, but don’t have the time anymore being self employed.

Old 04-27-2019, 03:07 AM   #8
Rich Z
Well, that was too easy. Looks like your old account name is "Dennis Gulla".

If you want to recover it, go ahead and private message me here and we'll work on it from there.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:23 AM   #9
DLena
Welcome back! There’s so many Morphs to choose from. ����

Old 04-28-2019, 02:17 PM   #10
Dennis Gulla
Thank you!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google