CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie here!

Old 07-07-2019, 11:43 AM   #1
jerseabeth
Newbie here!

Hi! You can call me Beth! I'm new to snake keeping - but not reptile keeping. I've cared for many a lizard in the past, and I'm interested into getting into snakes. After a lot of research I've determined that corn snakes would be the best first snake for me. I consider this a serious commitment, so I'm planning to wait a year until I move to my new job. I've had to surrender reptiles in the past due to financial instability and it never gets any less heartbreaking, and it's traumatic for the animal to boot, so I'd really like to be in the best possible place to provide for this corn snake, and also have the cash to shell out for a truly great example of the animal.

Thanks for reading! As much as I've read on care for corns, I haven't researched the morphs as much, so if you're reading this and would like to share your favorites, please do!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Old 07-07-2019, 03:18 PM   #2
Dennis Gulla
Welcome to the forum. If you take the time, you can find anything you need to know here!

Old 07-08-2019, 01:14 AM   #3
MysticExotics
Welcome to the forum!
Miami stuff is my favorite. Tessera is a fun gene as well.
If you search my personal forum on here, you can see mine.

Old 07-08-2019, 02:59 PM   #4
blacktip
Welcome to the forum! I have too many favorite morphs to list. I've had the following and loved them all:

Bloodred (my first and unfortunately the only one I have left)
Phantom (hypo and charcoal)
"Blue" stripe (dilute anery stripe)
Amber stripe (hypo caramel stripe)
Gold dust tessera (ultramel caramel tessera)
Honey (sunkissed caramel)
Granite (diffused anery)

I guess it's safe to say that my preferences lie with the grays and yellows.

Some others I really like:
Fluorescent amels
Palmetto (this is high on my wishlist)
Sunkissed or hypo sunkissed stripe
And too many more to list...

The problem with corn snakes is limiting yourself to owning just one.

Old 07-08-2019, 11:41 PM   #5
Connor1995
Hello, names Connor. I’m new to owning a corn snake. Shes a adult girl called Tiffany who was previously owned by a woman who I met online,
I have done my research online before buying the snake but I just wanted to Join a forum to ensure I’m doing everything right and if I have any issues I can ask
Don’t know if I’m sposed to ask this on here but I got the snake yesterday I have handled her for a short amount of time. She is content and drinking her water and is due a feed in a few days but when I go in the viv she don’t do much when I was just seeing how she reacted to my hand but as I go closer she does rattle her tail which I do know means she is scared or nervous. She don’t go into the striking pose I was thinking it’s due to her being moved in her viv from one place to the next and change of environment if this is the case do you recommend letting the snake settle properly for a time before handling if so how long?
And do you think it’s best to wait to give a feed first give it a few more days then try handle her ? Simple question but I don’t really know and when I search it I can’t find it lol

Old 07-09-2019, 09:52 AM   #6
67temp
Welcome to the forum Beth!

I'm in the same boat as MysticExotics with Miami being my favorite.

Old 07-09-2019, 10:09 PM   #7
JustinOfCO
Hey there and welcome from another newbie! I just got my terrarium set up and got my first snake. Already loving it! This forum is a fantastic place to learn and the people here are really great.

As far as favorite morphs... I am super partial to the Okeetees (really bright, brilliant examples of the wild coloration), Miamis (has a lot of gray), and anerys (lacking all the red/orange pigment). I love the tessera pattern, as well as the regular wild pattern and striped specimens.

But really, I think all of them are fantastic!

Old 07-09-2019, 11:10 PM   #8
SnakeCreations
Hi and welcome to the forum!!

Enjoy~

Tonya

Old 07-10-2019, 10:04 AM   #9
Twolunger
Hi Beth. Welcome to the forum. I love all corn snakes, even the wild ones. Right now my favorite morphs or color variations are the candy canes, sunkissed lavenders, and any of the pink morphs.

Old 07-11-2019, 08:28 PM   #10
Frank Pinello
Talking

WELCOME!
My favs are sun kissed types, diffused types, EROs, lava types,ultra types, EOs, tesseras, anery types, Miami types, cinder types, coral types, palmetto types,..well you get the picture....
One type I definite do NOT like are scaless types.....look like ugly eels.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google