CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Cleaning drinker values

Old 10-27-2015, 09:37 AM   #1
tinker.boyd
Cleaning drinker values

We have decided to expand our mice, rats, and African soft furred breeding operation and lucked upon a great deal on 7 racks. The guy told me he stored them dirty but they don't look too bad except for the drinker values. Very few of them appear to be working. They are brass. Anybody know how we should clean them? Soapy water okay? Can they be repaired or should we just recycle the ones that don't work even after cleaning?

Thanks, Tinker

Old 10-28-2015, 08:26 AM   #2
jessmarie
Do you have a picture? If they're the ones I use, I can help you out with cleaning tips and where to order replacement o rings, etc.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
tinker.boyd
The pic is fuzzy but here is one from a website that looks identical

http://rabbitnipples.com/products/3-...urce=googlepla

Old 10-28-2015, 10:31 AM   #4
tinker.boyd
I just took one apart and it appears to be the Edstrom Original Drinking Valve, 3/16"barb connection, all brass.

Old 10-28-2015, 10:54 AM   #5
tinker.boyd
Looks like they may actually be the vari-flow ones. I can't unscrew some of them.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:00 AM   #6
jessmarie
Looks the same. We can take ours apart though for sure.
We soak them I'm vinegar for awhile, then rinse with hot water and dish soap. The vinegar does really well at getting the hard water residue off.
We order our replacement o rings from Agselect...they will send you o rings and another piece.

Old 10-28-2015, 11:03 AM   #7
jessmarie
http://agselect.com/repair-parts-for-valves.aspx

So they've actually updated since the last time I ordered. You can order replacements for each separate component of the valve.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google