CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Two Clutches of Slugs Barely Two Months apart?

Old 08-09-2017, 10:58 PM   #1
lifanonline
Two Clutches of Slugs Barely Two Months apart?

In the beginning of June, my 2-3 yr old corn snake laid a pretty big clutch of slugs (that was more than like a third of her body weight after laying them). Before this, she hadn't eaten for almost three months. After laying them, she only got three meals in before she stopped eating AGAIN and I find her with another clutch of eggs just this week. She's in blue now and won't eat and is really skinny and lethargic. I hope she will eat again after she sheds but I'm really concerned about how skinny she is all these eggs. Is laying this many slugs in a season normal?

Old 08-10-2017, 01:30 AM   #2
Shiari
Double clutching ~ 60 to 70 days after laying the first clutch is not at all uncommon. The real concern, of course, is her lack of energy and tendency to stop eating. Check her temps, make sure she isn't too hot/too cold, and maybe add in some extra bowls of water around her cage to help make sure she doesn't get dehydrated.

And be prepared to take her to the vet if she's too weak to pass all the eggs.

Old 08-13-2017, 05:16 PM   #3
lifanonline
Thank you! She shed and was able to eat a meal right after. I think she'll be alright.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
eating, eggs, slugs