CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

Help my snake has a knot/bulge

Old 05-30-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
jcwilliams
Help my snake has a knot/bulge

I'm concerned about my corn snake. She has a bulge and it's only getting bigger. It don't affect her eating but what can I do or should do to get it to go away?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 05-30-2017, 08:17 PM   #2
Shiari
That needs to be seen by a vet IMMEDIATELY.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:21 PM   #3
jcwilliams
I agree

Old 05-30-2017, 08:27 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
ummm.... go to a vet instead of asking a bunch of people on a website what to do

Old 05-31-2017, 12:13 AM   #5
Dragonling
Just going to drop this here.

Old 05-31-2017, 09:46 AM   #6
albertagirl
After seeing the vet, please let us know what they say caused that. It looks pretty serious.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #7
jcwilliams
Just now getting back on here. Vet said she thinks it's cancer?! Based on the snakes age and it would take like $350 to $450 to operate and see. Ugh sad to say but I can't afford that....

Old 07-13-2017, 09:59 PM   #8
Shiari
If you can't afford that, humane euthanasia is the only option. A large, ulcerated tumor like that is just going to become infected. Snakes can take a long time to show signs of sepsis, but they're suffering long before they appear to be.

Old 07-14-2017, 11:59 AM   #9
DollysMom
I'm so sorry. That's a difficult diagnosis. If faced with the same decision, I'd go with euthanasia, but of course the decision is yours alone. My heart goes out to you and your snake. You have my prayers and/or moral support in during this difficult time.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:12 PM   #10
LadyJemima
So very sorry about your snake. Losing any pet is so difficult.

I hope we can use this opportunity as a teaching moment for anyone who might see this post in the future: if your animal has any kind of anomaly, please TAKE IT TO A VET.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google