CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Hello All

Old 07-01-2017, 10:17 PM   #1
twekoninja
Hello All

Hey guys and gals. My name is Brian, I'm in NC. Just recently bought my first corn snake. I've done Lord knows how much research but I'm still so worried about messing something up. I also don't know whether my snake is male or female. "He" just ate today no problems, and I got him yesterday. Looking forward to joining the community.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Old 07-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Welcome Brian!
Cornsnakes are pretty easy, once you have their enclosure set up.
Proper heat, regulated with a thermostat, proper sized enclosure, fresh water available, regular feeding, you're pretty much good to go.

Be careful, they're addictive.
Pics?

Old 07-01-2017, 10:48 PM   #3
twekoninja
I'll take pics when he stops hiding under all the aspen 😂. Decided to name him Merlin, and I already thought about getting him a friend, but I'm going to wait till I've got it down with him. I'll go ahead and post pictures of the enclosure, and I want to start holding him again because he's so chill but I've read a million different posts about how long to wait to hold them after first buying them and after feeding them.

Old 07-01-2017, 10:53 PM   #4
twekoninja
This is the only one I have of him currently

Old 07-01-2017, 11:00 PM   #5
MysticExotics
Awe, pretty little Motley!
What is your setup like? Babies can be escape artists.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:09 PM   #6
twekoninja
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticExotics View Post
Awe, pretty little Motley!
What is your setup like? Babies can be escape artists.
Really basic setup, I want to improve it for sure. And I have an UTH placed under his hide (which he has yet to use)

Old 07-01-2017, 11:13 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Make sure you have the locking clips or something weighted on the lid, they can often get out of those, between the lid and tank.

Old 07-01-2017, 11:17 PM   #8
twekoninja
Quote:
Make sure you have the locking clips or something weighted on the lid, they can often get out of those, between the lid and tank.
Will do, I'll find some way to lock it down. How long does it usually take before they're acclimated enough to stay moving around the viv? Cause since I put him in there yesterday after work he only came out cause I pulled the aspen off him and he didn't seem very stoked about it. He ate anyway but other than that he's just hiding. (And I'm impatient and don't want to wait two weeks to start holding him again )

Old 07-02-2017, 12:06 AM   #9
MysticExotics
Give him about a week to settle in. Once he's settled, you want to give him a few days after eating before too much handling.

Old 07-02-2017, 12:09 AM   #10
twekoninja
Quote:
Give him about a week to settle in. Once he's settled, you want to give him a few days after eating before too much handling.
Ok thank you so much. And feeding him one pinky per week is enough to get him to grow healthy for now?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google