CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Nationwide CCW bill

Old 07-12-2017, 11:57 AM   #1
Rich Z
Nationwide CCW bill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJ8HI6ki24E

Of course, Congress critters want to have their own right to CCW without having to obtain a permit, but at least perhaps even the anti-gunners there are beginning to see the light and understand what we have been trying to tell them all along.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:07 PM   #2
Twolunger
Well, I have to say I don't want to ever see Pelosi or Schumer with a loaded weapon. Their mouths alone cause enough turmoil in the U.S. The first thing those two would do is shoot themselves in the foot again.

Old 07-12-2017, 09:14 PM   #3
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
Well, I have to say I don't want to ever see Pelosi or Schumer with a loaded weapon. Their mouths alone cause enough turmoil in the U.S. The first thing those two would do is shoot themselves in the foot again.
Heck, I'm all for both of them having guns. Here is the perfect model for them...

Old 07-12-2017, 10:54 PM   #4
Twolunger
Okay, you've convinced me.

Old 07-13-2017, 11:06 AM   #5
DLena
I travel alone both in and out of state, for hundreds of miles. I always CC. Who would know unless I needed to use it? I'd rather deal with the legalities later than be a victim somewhere.

Old 07-13-2017, 05:22 PM   #6
Twolunger
A wise decision. It's very hard to argue your case when you are deceased. One of my friends says he would never bring a gun into his home. I told him I respect that, but wouldn't let that info be widely known.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:11 PM   #7
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
I travel alone both in and out of state, for hundreds of miles. I always CC. Who would know unless I needed to use it? I'd rather deal with the legalities later than be a victim somewhere.
And it is not fair that you should have to be placed in the position of making such a decision. (1) carry a firearm and attempt to protect yourself and possibly wind up in jail as a result, or (2) not carry a gun and hope for the mercy of anyone who would happen to try to rob you or have intentions to injure you.

No one should be placed in the position of having to hesitate even a microsecond if they find themselves in a possible life or death situation when having and using a gun in their defense would make all of the difference in the outcome.

And it is not right for a legal citizen of the USA to have to face such a decision if they happen to be on the wrong side of a state line when something like that happens.

Old 07-13-2017, 08:14 PM   #8
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
A wise decision. It's very hard to argue your case when you are deceased. One of my friends says he would never bring a gun into his home. I told him I respect that, but wouldn't let that info be widely known.
Yeah, seems that very few anti-gunners would be willing to wear an armband stating their position, or post a sign in their yard that their house is a gun free zone. Now why is that, do you suppose?

Old 07-13-2017, 08:45 PM   #9
DLena
Because doing so would make you an easier target? Hmmmm. But be educated, practice shooting to develop familiarity and skill, and keep your firearm secure. I worked a few years as a customs inspector, while getting my teaching career off the ground. My pistol has always been a tool, not a status symbol or a toy. And how I handle it isn't going to change when I cross a state line.

Old 07-14-2017, 04:31 AM   #10
Karl_Mcknight
Each state has their own laws, and of course when leaving one state and entering another you have to know the laws of each state. Here in Tennessee they don't call it a "Concealed Carry Permit" rather it's simply referred to as a "Carry Permit." You can conceal it if you wish or carry it openly. Lots of people open carry, I do too usually. It depends on how I am dressed and where I am going.

A lot of folks think that openly carrying makes you a target for the "Bad Guys." That may be true, but most of the so called Bad Guys just want to commit their crime and leave the scene quickly as possible and they'd prefer an "Easy Mark" over one that fights back.

As far as "Nationwide Carry Laws" I don't see it happening anytime soon. First of all you have states like New York, California, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Illinois, Hawaii. (and others) that don't even let their own citizens carry, they sure as hell aren't going to let me waltz in there with my Beretta. And in order to have "Nationwide Carry" then the only way it would get passed is with the consent and approval of these Freedom Hating States and they'd have to have some input and say so into that law. Personally I don't want some Liberal Freedom Hating Commie from Massachusetts or Illinois telling me how to carry my gun.

My Tennessee permit is currently honored by 27 other states. I do business with those folks, and keep my happy ass out of the commie states.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google