• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

She's out /all/ the time?!

J.Catherine

Before I went on holiday a few weeks ago my corn snake (a year old next month, female) would do the average thing of remaining in her hides most of the day and then coming out at night for a while.

Now she's out /all/ the time and I mean all the time. When I go to sleep, when I wake up, when I come in when I go to work, all the time she's exploring.

She missed a feed for a week while I was away, but I gave her a rat fuzzie (she usually has mice fluffs) once I got back. Is she still hungry? Is that why she's out?

My girls do this before they lay, but if she's only about a year and not exceptionally large for her age, then I'm not sure.

My girls do this before they lay, but if she's only about a year and not exceptionally large for her age, then I'm not sure.

If anything she's a bit on the small side but has been growing very fast since I started feeding her on fluffs rather than pinkies. I have noticed a greater circumference in the part of her body before her cloaca. Is it possible that she is ovulating even if she's had no access to a male?

Her vivarium is on the small side. I'm replacing it next month with her adult viv.

Not sure age exactly, but I was thinking one was close to a year. You might want to search for posts on strange behavior.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Not sure age exactly, but I was thinking one was close to a year. You might want to search for posts on strange behavior.

I'll do that....god I hope she doesn't. I don't have good vets close by to me if there's issues I'd need to leave the city.

I'll do that....god I hope she doesn't. I don't have good vets close by to me if there's issues I'd need to leave the city.
Sorry, I just saw this. How is she doing? I hope everything came out all right. My year old just shed again and is acting like her skin is bothering her, but we had to feed her last night. Now we can leave her to rest for the normal 2 days. Lol

Back