• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Big Cheese Rodent Factory

hosstheman

I need more space
I just received my order from Big Cheese Rodent so I thought I would put up some pics of the their packaging in case people want to see. I ordered 50 med. mice, 100 small mice, 50 large pinks, 100 small pinks(day old) And my total was 116.50 shipped 2 day express.

Brian

Attachments

• Frozenmice 001.jpg
    Frozenmice 001.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 122
  • Frozenmice 005.jpg
    Frozenmice 005.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 127
  • Frozenmice 009.jpg
    Frozenmice 009.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 119
Have you opened any of the bags yet? I am curious to know how easy it is to remove one or two at a time while keeping the bag intact to keep the remaining mice fresh. Also, did your shipment arrive very frozen? Did the dry ice do the trick?

I buy my mice from there and have no problem with getting the mice out. I live in Reno which is not just a hop skip and a jump from Texas, believe me, Texas is where I came from. The mice were VERY frozen. Nothing bad to say about them. They had misplaced my order and they shipped for free. What a deal. That saved me about 30 bucks, they can do that every order if they want. They came reccomended also by the person I bought my first snake from who is a very reputable large breeder...

Yum yum.

Thanks for posting that, I was a bit curious how the came as well.

Once my snake starts eating full sized mice, I plan on ordering a bag from them. I had hoped he'd be on them by now...at a year-ish I was hoping he'd eat bigger food, but right now he's on one or two fuzzies.

Hey Leia,

Notr trying to force you into something you may be uncomfortable with, but...why don't you attempt one small feeder? The place I go to that I was telling you about...you can bring the mouse back if the snake isn't interested or if it's too big. The only condition: the mouse has to be alive and uninjured. Just a thought in case you wanted to try. Talk to you later!

To hosstheman:

How long to defrost a single mouse to get it to a temp that you can feed it to your snake? Do they smell when they're defrosting? Just curious 'cause I've been feeding live.

I'm actually considering placing an order with them myself. Been using Cajun Mice for quite a long time, but figured I would give Big Cheese some business. I hope they can provide me with really small pinkies, though. Cajun has been pretty good about that for me.

I have used cajun in the past. They where great except for the price was a bit high. I only use The big cheese now . They are awesome. I only live 8-10 minutes from an airport picked them up and it only cost me $40 shipping for 5000 mice. pinkies where about 12-13 cents in bulk
Rich , if you request tiny pinks they will do that for you but you have to let them know by mon. or was it tue. thats when they pull all thier pinkies and they will do a special order. I just inquired about the same thing a couple of weeks ago. so get in line lol

A little tip I forgot to mention when using The big cheese. Consider ordering the large pinkies insted of fuzzies. they are huge pinkies and a lot of them are as big as some of the fuzzies I get just without the fur. It saves you a lot of $$$

Bekah said:
To hosstheman:

How long to defrost a single mouse to get it to a temp that you can feed it to your snake? Do they smell when they're defrosting? Just curious 'cause I've been feeding live.

To Bekah:
I dont defrost a single mouse what I do is take out what I need put in a freezer bag and soak in extremely hot tap water. It takes around 45 min. But I am defrosting 10-15 pinks some hoppers med mice. sometimes while I am feeding the smaller stuff i will change the water and resoak the bigger mice to make sure they are nice and warm. And I havent noticed an odor at all.

Rich:
Just Like Jason b said when I order I told her I needed newborn pinkies and she made a note for one day old pinks.

LawrenceM:
The mice separate very easy. What I do is when I open the vacuum seal I put them thick freezer bags and then into a brown bag. Big cheese told me that vacuum seal intact they should last over a year and a half. after seal is broken 6-8 months which is plenty long enough for me. Like treppilj said they are very they are packed in an well insulated box with dry ice packed on top.

Brian

I just got my newest order from them on last Wednesday. Perfect as usual!

I was ordering mostly smaller mice: pinks, fuzzies, and hoppers. The hoppers generally come in a bag of 50. And for me, thats too many to a bag. I don't like opening the whole bag and exposing them to air multuple times for that many. So I asked them if they could bag them in 25 to a bag, and sure enough they did, and no extra charge either.

Since they're fresh and dry when they pack them, I've never had a problem getting them loose from the bunch at all. Usually you just wiggle them and they come right apart. Unlike RodentPro where I'd damn near have to let the entire "block" thaw just to loosen a few.

And Rich, I specifically asked for the tiniest pinks they could give me, and they fullfilled my expectations. They look like newborn pinks with full milk bellies. Small enough for my smallest of hatchlings.

I can't say enough about BCRF. I like the service, the product, everything. They definitely go that extra mile. And I don't mind paying the extra money for something that was healthy when it went into the bag and freezer. They're as close to home-raised as you can get in my opinion.

And I second the large pink comment, they're huge!

For thawing, I thaw mine in warm-hot water till they're warm throughout. I found if I let them defrost in the air, the extremeties dry out and get harder than heck and more difficult for the snake to swallow. And I envisioned when you swallow one of those fries the wrong way, how it scratches all the way down. Not pleasant. =P

Back