CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

Ultras?

Old 04-09-2005, 06:35 PM   #11
Joejr14
No Amber stripes laying around?

Old 04-09-2005, 07:31 PM   #12
JTGoff69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joejr14
No Amber stripes laying around?
ROFL Joe, there probably are, but more $$$ than you're willing to part with!

Old 04-10-2005, 02:54 AM   #13
Rich Z
Actually I'm not really sure that Amber Stripes are worth pursuing. Some of my Caramel Stripes look bright enough to give any Amber Stripe a run for their money, I think. I've seen this lightening effect in some of the Caramel Motleys as well. The unfortunate thing is that ALL of the babies look identical when hatched, and only some of them apparently get much lighter with maturity. There is probably a magic key somewhere, but I'm just not sure I am willing to put in the effort needed to find it.

And another wrinkle put a damper on my enthusiasm for working towards an Amber Stripe line. I think GoldDust Stripes will blow them out of the water anyway, so why bother?

Another project that I think would be worth pursuing (if you have LOTS of time and room for a lot of animals to allocate for this one project) would be Sunkissed/Amber Stripes. The double hypo effect combined with Amber and Stripe would probably produce some awesome looking animals. But if you want to start this project, think carefully on how best to proceed with it. Don't count on your luck to mess with quad hets. Even getting to that point will take you some time.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google