• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

WANTED Baby Hedgehog for trade

Onarian

I have two groups of corn snakes I am looking to partial trade for a baby hedgehog. If you're interested in any of the following snakes, send me a PM or an email at [email protected]. More pictures are available on request.

Each trader will have to pay for shipping to them. I will ship through http://www.shipyourreptiles.com/ from Seattle, Washington. I'd also be willing to drive up to an hour to meet you.

Caramel Pewter Group - worth $700
This group will produce Caramel Pewter, Fire, Pewter, Whiteout, Caramel Blood, and Diffused.
1.0 (2010) Caramel Pewter het amel. Ready to breed this year.

0.1 (2009) Amber Blood het charcoal. Ready to breed this year.

0.1 (2010) Fire het charcoal. Ready to breed next year.

Kastanie, Mandarin Group - worth $450
This pair was hand-selected by me in Germany directly from Frank Schaub and then transported back to the states.
1.0 (2010) Kastanie p/het amel, motley-stripe. Ready to breed this year.

0.1 (2010) Kastanie p/het amel. Ready to breed next year.

Your trade may need to be limited to driving distance. Keep in mind that Hedgehogs are much harder and more expensive ($190 + Taconic last time I checked) to ship than reptiles. The least of the shippers worries would be the Taconics box ($30 new) or similar escape proof container that is mandatory for shipping. The transport is extremely stressful on the animal especially baby hedgies, much more that it is on a reptile. And most carriers will not handle mammals (no Fedex, no USPS, no UPS). I can think of only two airlines and a handful of private couriers that would take on the task. Some carriers require a health certificate for certain animals and technically to sell Hedgies a person needs to be USDA certified.
Lots of hoops to jump through. lol

Terri

Very important considerations. Thank you for the post. I figured it was worth the try to see if I could get a bite.

I actually have a buddy with a hedge hog having babies right now. I'll show him the ad, but like Terri said, I think shipping is prohibitive.

If someone is interested in doing a partial trade by buying a hedgehog from a local WA hedgehog breeder I'll give you 150% of the value of the hedgehog toward the snakes and pay for shipping of the snakes to you.

Back