• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

One of the 2 free corns is not eating after...

reptile_addict

One of the 2 free corns is not eating after her first 3 meals, 1 was a regurge. She is in a 6 gt. box with air holes, a small heating pad under a small portion and papertowels as a substrate. She has not eaten for what I am guesing is close to a month, how long should I wait before giving her up to an experienced force feeder??? I will try scenting with an anole soon, I just tried tease feeding and 6 days ago braining over night!!! Nothing, The other one is eating 3 pinks or a large fuzzie every 5 days. I am worried about the small one since she is skinny and slower to react than before. I will leave her for a week before scenting. I am probably worried for nothing. I will give her up if she won't eat in another month unless she does worse.

warm side 78
cold side 64
Humidity 57%

Not looking for any arguments

Temps too low I would say could be the regurge problem. Try cranking it up to the 75-85 range if possible with your thermostat.
If your snake is skinny and hasn't ate for a month now I would be getting very worred.
If you read a bit you will find that people have success offering the following:-

Live
Pinky head
Chick drumstick
scenting
leaving snake + food in small container covered over with a towel or something

Have you tryed any of these methods?

jnky said:
Temps too low I would say could be the regurge problem. Try cranking it up to the 75-85 range if possible with your thermostat.
If your snake is skinny and hasn't ate for a month now I would be getting very worred.
If you read a bit you will find that people have success offering the following:-

Live
Pinky head
Chick drumstick
scenting
leaving snake + food in small container covered over with a towel or something

Have you tryed any of these methods?

Thanks, I will try a live pink in a week, I have some chicks in the freezer still. I will try a leg eventually

hi ....
its worring when a snake wont eat.....i was out of my mind when one of mine wouldnt eat.....
not sure whether you have done this but have you tried warming the pinkie up
none of mine will eat unless i have put the mouse in a dish in a pan of boiling water from the kettle makes the mouse smell.....its a pain when it comes to warming the rat up takes ages :) but boy do they strike for it.....

Tracy

Imagine that, another snake in R_A's "care" with problems. The best thing you could do for this snake and any others in your "care" is to give them to someone else.

It's mandatory to take and pass a test to be allowed to drive a car. I think there should be some sort of testing needed prior to having a pet. Especially when the child is the product of parents that couldn't pass a pre-procreation test were that mandatory.

This is just sad..........RA, you've been on here long enough to know the answers to your questions, not that you will do what is suggested anyway. Please give these creatures a thriving chance and give them to someone who will take care of them responsibly!

R_A - I have never commented on your posts before, but I am saddened by the repeated errors and troubles that you encounter. Please consider giving your animals away.

I will give her up if she won't eat in another month unless she does worse.

??????? Huh! ?????????

Yes I agree! It's very sad !

Another "RA" post on what to do! I'm sorry but you really shouldn't be an owner of any live animals.......

Back