CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

I NEED HELP ASAP!

Old 04-07-2011, 01:17 PM   #31
Stormy
I lived near Elizabethtown KY for awhile and I found a really good and nice reptile vet while I was there. I know it would be a bit of a drive but it might be worth it. The name is Jefferson Animal Hospital East. I had taken my beardie all over the place because he was having issues and they all just kept telling me he was fine. These people finally found the problem and got him fixed up like new.

Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 PM   #32
Caryl
Fingers are crossed for you here!

Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 PM   #33
SnakeKiss247
Bob, any news on the snakes. Been wondering all day how things are going with them.

Old 04-07-2011, 09:04 PM   #34
vetusvates
Quote:
Originally Posted by crotalis40741 View Post
Yes i have it, I got it yesterday. The non regurgers are due to eat today. All my older snakes ate day before yesterday and none have shown any signs yet of this. My other 2010s look fine also so far. Still no word back from the vet in Va. So i guess time will tell.
thank you all
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNJ View Post
Bob:

Hopefully whatever it is will stay contained within the new snake population and not spread to the other snakes in your collection. So far that's what happened with mine.

Have you spoken to Doc Walker about this yet? You're getting good advice from everyone here but with the limited access you have to a reptile vet it may be more productive if Doc checks the snakes on his end. You said he's a great guy so I'm sure he'll take whatever steps necessary to rectify your situation and to contain the problem before it spreads any further, if a problem is found. He did refund my money for the ones that died.

One thing - when my snakes died I threw away anything they came in contact with, on the advice of the very knowledgable people here. That included tubs, water bowls, deli cups, etc.

Good luck to you.
I am very concerned and disturbed. And other things.
Bob, if I may call you that, Crotalis.....please keep us abreast of every detail.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:11 PM   #35
crotalis40741
Yes Bob is fine,
I believe in being honest so here goes.
I have no idea what is going on with them, I can't afford the $400 plus right now for the
necropsie and testing. Yeah I know I will get the usual "If you can't afford that you shouldn't have the snakes" then so be it. But here is the whole thing with the snakes since I have had them.

I got them Feb. 19th and was overjoyed. I am disabled and when the big sale came around I realized I could get the morphs i have been wanting. So I have saved, scrimped, and sacrificed to get what I have in my collection. I have no proof of anything so I will not bash just give you all the details of them.
So they came in and I was told to feed them the next day, since it had been 10 days since thier last meal. So I fed them and all ate. All seemed great until a couple weeks ago, the caramel stripe female ate great and was active and then 4 or 5 days later she wouldn't move and looked like death. Looked dehydrated and starved. I chalked it up to you will lose one ever now and again. I really didn't think it was something so bad. So when the adult amel het butter went up I purchased her for my collection and told the breeder about my snake dying. The way it worked out I paid $5 for my replacement hatchling. The price on the amel was $125 shipped and I paid $130 for the two to get here. I am grateful for the replacement. The day they came in my amel het hypo fire female was showing the same signs as the other hatchling did then died that day. My hypo het sk male regurged but is still alive, my male amel het hypo fire did the same thing but is still alive. The way the hypo looks he is about gone also. They have not regurged on me until now. So now I have 5 hatchlings and one adult and not sure even if they survive that I can use them in my collection. I do plan on putting the next one that passes in formulin for testing next month if I can afford it then. I have contacted the breeder on the issues so everyone is aware of what is going on. I will not hide anything, I did mess up and only quarintined them for a couple weeks so if the rest of my collection gets this that is on me. The whole thing makes me sick. I have seen posts where this was brought up before and the people bringing it up were bashed becuase like me they can't afford all the testing right away. I won't say the breeder has treated my badly, he hasn't, but there is no other place this could have come from. I have other 2010s from other sources and they are fine and growing and have been here much longer. I have been asked about my water, my mice, if I am feeding cold mice, the whole gambit. I have not changed anything in the way I keep my snakes with these hatchlings. I am not asking anyone to take sides on anything nor do I expect it. These are the facts and that is all. I don't want to lose them for they did represent a large part of my collection and future plans. I just hope I and them have not compromised my entire collection. I want to thank everyone who has offered words of wisdom and hope.
I will continue to post updates as to what is going on unless it turns into a bashing party then I will stop unless I can get the vet tests sooner.
Thank you again all.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:28 PM   #36
vetusvates
Bob, just keep them (the snakes being discussed) separate. Housed separately, fed separately, watered separately. And I am sure you are one step ahead of me on this.

And you will not get any bashing from me.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:29 PM   #37
crotalis40741
Thank you, they are in separate rooms. And have always been in separate tubs.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #38
Susan
As I mentioned in my PM, if another dies and you can put it in the formalin jar, send it to me and I can have the necropsy done for you for about 10% above cost, which is my discount as an employee. Just tape the lid shut so it can't open, put the jar in a sealed plastic bag with enough paper towels to absorb all the liquid, put that in another plastic bag, just to be sure, cushion everything with crumpled newspaper in a small box and mail it out the cheapest way. No rush to get it here, only to get the dead hatchling, belly cut open, into the formalin jar. $93.00 plus postage is much better than $380 in anybodies book.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:52 PM   #39
crotalis40741
Yes I will do that thank you very much

Old 04-08-2011, 12:08 AM   #40
Allalaskan
Sorry to hear about all this bob I hope you get it figured out and stopped soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google