CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

weezy?

Old 06-09-2012, 10:31 PM   #1
Renosgirl
weezy?

So my new guy seems to be weezy. I noticed a couple nights ago that he was sneezing a lot but it was just that one night and didn't happen again so I didn't think anything of it, but now just playing with him I noticed his breathing is weezy..

Now does this need to be seen tomorrow? or is wednesday okay to wait? (the next day i have off)

Old 06-10-2012, 06:45 PM   #2
Renosgirl
anyone have any ideas?

Old 06-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
beautifullywild77
I would take em to the vet when you can on wednesday!

Old 06-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
MysticExotics
Is there "stuff" on the sides of the tank that would indicate snot/mucous?
Are there bubbles coming out of his mouth or nose?

You can bump up his temps a couple degrees, which might help, but if you suspect a RI (repiratory infection) he needs to see a vet.

Is he your only snake? If not, is he in quarentine? RI's are contagious.

Old 06-10-2012, 07:00 PM   #5
Renosgirl
I don't think it is RI, but I don't know cause he doesn't have any other signs. He doesn't have any musous or discharge, and he's not in blue either.

I made an appointment for tomorrow morning before work. I will turn up the temps a little bit when I get home just in case.

And no he is not my only other snake but he is on the other side of the room from my other snake and they have never been anywhere near each other and I always make sure I wash my hands between the play sessions. Should I move him completely out of the room?

I check out my other snake and she seems perfectly fine.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google