CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Health Issues/Feeding Problems
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Health Issues/Feeding Problems Anything related to general or specific health problems. Issues having to do with feeding problems or tips.

BABY corn snake hasn't eaten one meal yet and is 3 months old - GREEN poo

Old 04-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #81
diamondlil
So after the initial excitement, a quick check revealed it was an incomplete shed. Into the snake-o-bath with Rosie. She shed the bottom 2 thirds easily, then the very tail-tip needed gentle persuasion to come off with a piece of damp kitchen roll. I never measured Rosie, but I'm sure comparing these with her first photos she's growing in length now.
This is the first shed for her (after her post-hatching shed) so very good proof that she's starting to grow

Old 04-25-2013, 03:51 PM   #82
Guruofchem
Nice - even with an incomplete shed this is good news. Keep us posted; aside from the random image thread, this is probably my favorite on the site...

Old 04-25-2013, 04:48 PM   #83
juliegarner
Yay keep it up Rosie. Go girl xx

Old 04-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #84
gsdbecca
She poops. She grows. She sheds. Now, just eat little girl! Eat!

Old 04-25-2013, 07:55 PM   #85
BooBoo18
awe so nice to see her shed. I always check for updates to this thread when I come on. Rosie has a whole community of snake keepers rooting for her!!! GO ROSIE!!!

Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #86
Mogey
She has a huge body of support from everyone reading. Like many others, I check this thread daily. Truly, an inspiration.

Old 04-30-2013, 12:08 PM   #87
diamondlil
Rosie is coping well with her syringe-fed pinky puree, but I want her to get to 10g before I start trying her on independent feeding, so I'm upping both the quantity (2 whole mls!) and the frequency of her feeds. Back in the days when my snow Diamond Lil was driving me crazy and starving herself, it took washed live pinks to get her feeding. I'm not planning to breed mice unless I have to, but I've had a very generous offer from someone who does! So if little Rosie won't take f/t I have a back up plan....

Old 04-30-2013, 12:55 PM   #88
kc261
Glad to hear little Rosie is doing well. How much does she weigh now?

I'm morbidly curious...just how do you make the pinkie puree anyway?

Another thought that just popped into my head... since so many corns seem to put on a growth spurt when they start eating more mature feeders, would it possibly promote faster growth if she was fed pureed fuzzies or hoppers or even adult mouse puree? Obviously you would still need to feed the appropriate amount. An interesting thought, but I don't think I recommend making Rosie the guinea pig to see how that would work out... I'm just curious what other people think of the idea.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:07 PM   #89
diamondlil
Quote:
Originally Posted by kc261 View Post
Glad to hear little Rosie is doing well. How much does she weigh now?

I'm morbidly curious...just how do you make the pinkie puree anyway?

Another thought that just popped into my head... since so many corns seem to put on a growth spurt when they start eating more mature feeders, would it possibly promote faster growth if she was fed pureed fuzzies or hoppers or even adult mouse puree? Obviously you would still need to feed the appropriate amount. An interesting thought, but I don't think I recommend making Rosie the guinea pig to see how that would work out... I'm just curious what other people think of the idea.
5g on her last weigh-in.
I finely chop a pinky while it's still frozen with a small serrated edged knife, so I'm actually shaving off slivers rather than chopping, really.
With my former bad girl Lil, I did actually mince and then whizz in a blender hoppers and small adult mice for exactly that reason, but then she was well over the age that pinkies are usually fed. I then froze individual lumps of 'moussicle' to thaw for her feedings.
As Rosie is still so young, I'm using pinks with a nice fat 'milk tummy' at the moment.

Old 04-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #90
Pitbullgirl16
I recently read through this whole thread. Such a pretty little girl! Goes to show there's hope in any situation. Go little Rosie!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google