• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

I love the ones that look like they're flying at the camera. "Ooooh, what's that?" Lol. She's a beauty :)

She does that all the time, but I've never taken a pic of it because it is blurry. Thanks for the compliment!

Like the last pic. She was trying to come up to you.

She sure was. She loves the phone. It's a gold iPhone so maybe it's the "oh shiny" factor! She's actually reached up and climbed onto it, lol.

Nice pics! Loopy likes to check out the camera lens too, always a blurry photo. One day I'll get a good shot of that! :)

Nice pics! Loopy likes to check out the camera lens too, always a blurry photo. One day I'll get a good shot of that! :)

I'll need a better camera for that. It is amazing how far they can reach up with no other support! Cleo sends her best wishes to her bud, Loopy!

LOL - Zelda does this to me as well! She is super interested in the phone so I can never get a good face shot with her while being held because she's always being nosy coming to investigate and it's blurry every time!! Hopefully Ninja is more cooperative.

I know Bella amazes me how far she can reach up with no support

Nicole

These little ones are definitely a source of continuing amazement!

LOL - Zelda does this to me as well! She is super interested in the phone so I can never get a good face shot with her while being held because she's always being nosy coming to investigate and it's blurry every time!! Hopefully Ninja is more cooperative.

First, congrats again on Ninja!

I'm so glad I'm not the only one with a nosy snake! It's been rough going for me in the picture department for that reason until recently.

Update: I thought Cleo may be going into blue the other day when I took those pics; and when I put her back in the viv she went in her humid hide, so I didn't feed her. She's now really, really blue. I miss her; and I can't wait to see her color!

I also got a measurement of 19 1/2 inches. That's 1 1/2 inches this month. She's a long girl for her age and size.

I thought she might be! I almost mentioned it too, how funny. It's so hard to tell with those amel eyes! This is why you need another snake... everyone needs another snake :D that way when one is digesting, or shedding, or looks like it might poop, there's another snakey friend to hold instead!

I thought she might be! I almost mentioned it too, how funny. It's so hard to tell with those amel eyes! This is why you need another snake... everyone needs another snake :D that way when one is digesting, or shedding, or looks like it might poop, there's another snakey friend to hold instead!

Frankly, it was pretty obvious when I took her out to play, but she seemed up for it so I proceeded. I held off mentioning it until I knew for sure. Other than to see she's in the humid hide, I'm not bothering her today; but yesterday I should have taken a pictures of her "don't it make my red eyes blue" moment. It was unmistakable.

I do have two other snakes, though one is missing. I still hope. But I also have my little housie Clyde. You are so right. For the above mentioned reasons, ONE SNAKE IS NOT ENOUGH! Sorry for shouting but I couldn't help it :D. I resisted having more than one at first but resistance is futile, I say, absolutely futile.

New year, new skin

Cleo had new year's shed! It has been two weeks and one day since she last ate, so mouse is on the menu tonight.

I snuck in a very short photo session.

Jhy1igZl.jpg

tmdGXTSl.jpg

2hbjLjkl.jpg

eGtLxlOl.jpg

Last edited:
Very pretty! You got a 'new' snake for Christmas! Looks like she matches the blanket she's on pretty good too.

So so pretty[emoji2]

Nicole

Thank you! She's my girly girl :)

she's very cute on her blanket.

Has she darkened in color a bit or am I just imagining it?

The blanket was bought at Ikea this summer with the specific idea that it would be easy to wash just in case. It has performed as planned ;) . It is the official snake blanket in this house!

I think her color is a little darker each shed, but it is very gradual. She's still a very young lady at 4 months and 4 days, and butters are known to change a lot from hatchling to adult.

Thanks for your kind words!

Very pretty! You got a 'new' snake for Christmas! Looks like she matches the blanket she's on pretty good too.

Thank you. Yes, the blanket works well. One little secret, the squares are easy to measure so any top down shot on it can be used in Serpwdigets' snake measurer.

Last night Cleo weighed in at 26 grams. So she weighs a gram more than last feeding. Considering that she shed and it was just over 2 weeks since her last meal I'm amazed at how efficient our little snake friends are with their food.

She easily downed a 4.6 gram pinkie last night. It was the biggest pinky I had. So next feeding I think she will be ready for the smallest fuzzy I have.

Back