CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

"Het Sunkissed Markers"?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #1
iculatr
"Het Sunkissed Markers"?

If "het Sunkissed markers" really exist, does anyone have clear pictures with an explanation of what to look for?

Old 09-01-2012, 02:40 PM   #2
Susan
I honestly can't think of any specifically for Sunkissed. I have had some known het Sunkissed have the heavybelly checks, but not all of them do, even when comparing siblings, so that may strictly be a lineage thing as not all homo Sunkissed have the really heavy belly checks.

Now I have had a few clutches where the offspring were het Sunkissed and ph or known het motley where the belly checks were sparse, especially on the head half that MAY be a het marker for being het motley in a known het Sunkissed. Reason I say this is that in the clutches where motley is ph, only some of the offspring had those belly patterns, while the clutch that was known het motley, a much higher percentage had that type of belly pattern.

Here are all the hatchlings from the known het Sunkissed motley clutch:

Old 09-01-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
Susan
My mistake. While going through them, there are quite a few that I didn't take belly pics of so their pattern was probably normal. I'll get a final tally when I'm done posting.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:48 PM   #4
Susan
It looks like 7 normal belly, 12 partially plain/sparse checkered belly. Not bad odds in potentially picking out the ones het motley! Oh, same male Sunkissed in all the clutches I"ve bred to a motley or het motley female, 3 different females.

Old 09-01-2012, 05:16 PM   #5
MysticExotics
I think it can affect head/nose patterning as well. Here's my Motley het SK female. She has an "X" head pattern, which is not seen often, but looking at her nose, I do believe that is a possible marker.
I have some babies from my Alabama X Tessera pairing that have similar markings, & I am going to pair them with SK downt he road, to see if that is an indicator.
I'll had a couple picks of the Alabama X Tessera clutch as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google