CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Rat pinkies - Your experiences?

Old 04-13-2003, 12:28 PM   #1
13mur 6
Rat pinkies - Your experiences?

Hey everyone,

I switched my snake over to rat pinkies because the petstore had a rat give birth recently and they froze all of them. They were totally fresh out of mice pinks (or anything smaller than adults for that matter). Though it was on the bigger end of the acceptable size, she ate it no problem (and for the first time in a long while, she's hanging out on the warm side of the tank).

Anybody know the nutritional differences between rats and mice? Which are more fatty, more nutritious, more accepted etc? Preference for mice over rats and reasons?

Funny thing was, she was ignoring the thing initially, until I dragged it across her tail and she struck and coiled and knew exactly what to do.

-13mur 6

Old 04-13-2003, 04:06 PM   #2
Matt L
I feed rat and mouse pinks depending on the snake. I have had some minor problems switching them over to rats, but if you skip a feeding they will usually take the rat pinkie on the next feeding. In my opinion rat pinkies are a good choice over fuzzy mice, because they offer a larger meal without the hair. The hair has almost no nutritional value if any at all.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google