• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

garter snake on island in Canada

safire6

My grandfather purchased a small 4 acre island on Lake of the Woods Ontario Canada and built a small one room cabin on it in the 1940s. Since then his family, kids, great grandkids and great great grandkids have been going there on vacation, mostly for fishing and relaxation. I just got back from there yesterday with two of my brothers. I saw this 1 foot garter snake swimming on the lake headed for our dock. I few minutes later I found him up on the rocks. A couple days later my brother saw a 3 ft garter snake. They are quite common on the islands there.

Attachments

• garter 2.png
    garter 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 41

Actually I like doing that just as much as I like fishing. Sitting alone on a part of the island just listening to the water lap up on the rocks, the sights and sounds of the birds and squirrels and bald eagles is just so relaxing.

Back