• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Getting Discouraged

She is doing well, considering all she's been through. She did have another regurge about a month ago, but that one was my fault. We moved into a new house and I put her in my bedroom instead of the snake room. I thought it would be less stressful there because of the lower traffic. What I didn't realize, though, was how cold my bedroom would get at night. After she regurged her first meal in the new house, I moved her into the snake room, which has supplemental heating, and she is doing better. She is still growing, though slowly. She is up to 19" long, and is in shed right now. I'd take pics of her, but I don't want to disturb her. When she is done shedding, I'll try to get some new pics.

Actually, I did post some pics of her tummy in the Photo Gallery a few weeks ago.

Update

I think it's safe enough to post this now. I know it's been a long time, but I've been taking things very slowly for Scarlett, keeping her on pinkies far longer than I normally would have. I didn't want to risk getting her started regurging again. As of today, she hasn't regurged since September. That's the longest she's gone since I got her. She has also started growing again, and shedding regularly. So I decided it was time. Three days ago, Scarlett finally moved up to fuzzies. I was a bit nervous, because it left a huge looking lump in her. But she has held it down, and has even given me a nice, big poop.

When I started this thread, long ago, I was pretty much resigned to the eventuality that she would die. Thanks to some excellent advice from Kathy Love, she has pulled through, and I think she will be ok.

Here she is with her tummy full of fuzzy:

scarlettfuzzy.jpg

GREAT news, Becky! Good to see Miss Scarlett moving forward!

(Will Scarlett be learning anything 'bout birthin' some babies down the road?)

regards,
jazz

oh that's the BEST news! becky i'm so thrilled to read this. i have valentino on small pink fuzzies... when they just get their hair. i think he'd like more but i don't want to chance another regurge.

huge hugs to both of you!!!!

Thank you everyone.

About the birthin babies--when she first started going through this, I said, "No, never." In case it might be a genetic thing causing her to regurge.

But for now, let's just say, "we'll see."

recycling goddess said:
oh that's the BEST news! becky i'm so thrilled to read this. i have valentino on small pink fuzzies... when they just get their hair. i think he'd like more but i don't want to chance another regurge.

huge hugs to both of you!!!!
More excellent news!

Back