CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

petsmart???

Old 10-17-2010, 08:14 PM   #1
rich333
petsmart???

ok...took the following pic. of a snake at our local petSmart.....the girl there Said this was a Strawberry/Amel.....so i've decided to share this photo to get every ones experienced opinion...as i am no Morph expert.....but my guess would be Amel motley....they wouldnt pick the snake up because of it's obvious pi**ed off attitude. by the time i took this shot...there was 4 petsmart employees surrounding me....i regret i didnt get a chance to get a belly shot....but NO ONE dared to try to pick it up...i offered...but the manager said "no" unless i planned to buy it......so heres all i could get...

Old 10-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #2
Tavia
I'm not an expert either, but I'd say Amel mot as well.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Shiari
Very very pretty amel motley.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:27 PM   #4
rich333
Yeah
Looks like most of the pics i've seen. so...why dont they train thier employees just a little better?? or not deal with morphs?? Just a thought....I thank god everyday for websites such as this,where i can come and ask someone with ALOT more experience than i have as to what this is...or what that is.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:29 PM   #5
rich333
worth $59.99??? hmm...

Old 10-17-2010, 10:29 PM   #6
ShenziSixaxis
Is it worth it to you? Is it eating, nice temperament, and look nice to you? However, if the manager said you couldn't touch it without buying it, I wouldn't buy ANYTHING, not even supplies, at that store.

However, I am thinking it's more of a motley sunglow...

Old 10-17-2010, 10:39 PM   #7
Tavia
That's not a great price & not a bad price, so like ShenziSixaxis says, is it worth that to you?

Our Petco won't let you hold things unless you are serious about buying it either.
Not that you have to buy it to hold it, you can still decline to buy it afterward,
they just don't want to be treated like a free petting zoo from lots of people with no intention to actually buy anything.

Old 10-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #8
Outcast
I have never had a problem going into a Petsmart and picking up the animals that the clerks were terrified of... They all said, "be my guest." I can't believe that the manager wouldn't let you pull it out to take pictures...

Old 10-18-2010, 01:31 AM   #9
omni
It IS a pretty snake...
That's the thing i notice about pet stores. The ones that let anyone handle have some pretty docile snakes. They aren't afraid of traffic and motion around the tanks. No wonder pet store 'x' has a po'd snake. It's never handled and when they do go into it's tank to clean, I'd bet they shoo it away with something. So of course, it gets all defensive.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #10
rolandslf
That is an Amel Motley in the blue.
It would of course be Pi***d off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google