• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

T-Shirts and stuff...

Yea...it sucks. But at least I have one public apology, and hopefully one more coming soon enough. The admission of guilt from Amanda is what I want.

I don't blame Bobby Jenkins. It is possible he didn't know where the logo came from, and simply believed that Amanda created it, as she said she did. I won't hold that against him.

However...I will absolutely keep my personal page about this incident active and alive, with his apology and hers when it comes. These images are worth money to me...

She claims she created the graphic herself in March...

If it wasn't such a specific image I might believe that. The angle, the hook, the snake profile, the LOGO; all of that can't be coincidental.

Oh, and I just released an album called "Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts Club Band.":dancer:

Something else that don't fly in my opinion.

They say they only printed and sold 7 stickers. So how did multiple people from this site happen to witness them being sold? It seems unlikely to me that they all just happened to pass at the same time.

Also, they are still listed for sale on the website. If only 7 got printed (and all those sold) how could it possibly be listed for sale as of today?

Something else that don't fly in my opinion.

They say they only printed and sold 7 stickers. So how did multiple people from this site happen to witness them being sold? It seems unlikely to me that they all just happened to pass at the same time.

Also, they are still listed for sale on the website. If only 7 got printed (and all those sold) how could it possibly be listed for sale as of today?

I'm backing off for a moment, and giving them time to remove the sale link and remove the image from their gallery. I've also given Amanda time to make her public admission of guilt and public apology on my website.

If these things don't happen by tomorrow, I will be contacting a young lawyer in town that is just dying to get his hands on a nice slam-dunk public case to get his name out there...

Unbelievable, this person is so busted for ripping you off, I can't even imagine what she was thinking to try and say it was a coincidence that the images are "eerily similar". I think you are being more than generous in allowing the chance for her to make an apology and being willing to accept that apology and drop the matter if she does.

If it wasn't such a specific image I might believe that. The angle, the hook, the snake profile, the LOGO; all of that can't be coincidental.

Oh, and I just released an album called "Sgt. Pepper's lonely Hearts Club Band.":dancer:

I said the same thing when it was first called to my attention. The first thing I wanted to do was make sure it wasn't the same phrase with a different graphic being used. There would have been little to do if that were the case. I didn't get upset until I saw the image and immediately recognized it as my own.

If the link offering them for sale isn't removed, I have a case for small-claims court, showing that they are profiting from my intellectual property. It would be a nice, easy-to-prove, but still high-profile case for a young lawyer...You know how the media just LOVES to jump on internet-based cases. Especially when dealing with Freedom of Speech or Theft of Intellectual Property...

I really hope Amanda just apologizes and admits she took the image. I'm squirming just reading her posts, what a sh*tty place to be in. I wonder if it's like OJ convincing himself of innocence: "I didn't steal that image! No, I really didn't. Hey, I didn't! These people are persecuting me!" Really what stinks here is the whole group (who seem to be well-intentioned) being dragged into it over one member's action.

I have been told that Amanda is being temporarily suspended from the group for her actions. I was also informed that the image and sales link would be removed and that the group's entire membership would be informed that the image was stolen, who stole it, and where she stole it from.

As such, I changed my web page to not hold VIIPER accountable. They are not responsible for the actions of a misguided girl, and I won't hold them accountable.

Right on! That group SHOULD NOT be held accountable! No doubt in my mind they didn't get together and pour over the Internets and "steal" this image. It was one staffer who came forth with a "new" clever catchphrase and image, and the unknowing folks liked the idea. Just like I -or most (at least many) folks here would've if it was brought up as new.
Damn, I will really, REALLY think higher of this person I'll never meet -if she'll just say "sorry" at this point. The longer she takes, the harder "I'm sorry" will be to breathe.

I'll chime in on this as well....

Well played, Chris. Agreed, this was not an error of a group, but rather of an individual.

You handled this with complete integrity. :cheers:

Dale

So....does anyone wanna buy a T-Shirt?? 100% original design...;)

In all seriousness, I want to thank you all for your public support. A lot of you were "character witnesses", so to speak, and I appreciate every one of you for taking a public stand beside me. It means alot. It's nice to know where you can find your friends...

Here's a couple more items...

332723564v4_350x350_Front.jpg

Framed tile

332574801v17_350x350_Front.jpg

Wall clock

Hey Chris, when you making a ball cap? That logo on a good hat would be great to go herpin', keep the sun out of your eyes! The thongs crack me up lol..

I'm working on it...

On another note...the lies started up again. Check the BOI thread for updates...

Wow, I went through all the posts at Fauna and you really gave them a chance to fess up and clear the air without have to resort to lawyers.

Viipers website is down but that doesn't negate the issue at hand.

They stole your property and I'm behind you 110%...get the lawyer!!:realhot:

Just a follow up...It would be easiest to find out how many were made by getting the name of the company who did the print work.

You could get a lot of other useful information from them as well. What date they were contacted to do the work and by whom....etc

Good luck with this!!

Thieves make me :angry01:

Back