CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Do you think this is a hybrid..?

Old 07-23-2016, 06:04 PM   #11
DLena
I do too. I've seen a few I would have loved to have, but I didn't want them to become genetic dead ends and I don't know if I'll ever get to the point of hobby-breeding. Though I just might try a single clutch in a couple of years...

Old 07-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #12
BeauBoi
You should! There is nothing more rewarding than seeing hatchlings pip!
~Beau

Old 07-26-2016, 10:43 AM   #13
BeauBoi
Well...I was supposed to be getting the snake today....but I never received the tracking number yesterday. So I called the guy and left a message yesterday telling him I hadn't received a tracking number, but never got a response. I called and emailed again this morning...still no reply...
~Beau

Old 07-26-2016, 12:01 PM   #14
DollysMom
Oh, oh. I hope this resolves quickly. If not, I'm a BOI lurker so I know you know where it's at.

Old 07-26-2016, 12:11 PM   #15
BeauBoi
Well, I just got an email from him (he is the sales represent ice for a very well known reptile company) saying that he was mistaken when he told me that the snake was definitely still available, and that an employee had sold it and he just forgot to tell me until today.... Also, he will refund my money as soon as he can....
I don't know if I am going to post a BOI or not, but I used money I had originally planned to spend on a snake in anothe order. So now, I am short a snake and don't even have the money back to replace it. Also, since my husband and I will be leaving for vacation Thursday, I won't even be able to look for a replacement until after we get back.
He has offered me a 10% discount on a "future order" with his company, but to be totally honest, I am so ticked off that I have no intention of ever making a purchase from "his" company.
~Beau

Old 07-26-2016, 12:58 PM   #16
DollysMom
No doubt about it, this sucks. That refund should go out immediately. You should have been notified as soon as they couldn't ship and the money should have been refunded with that notification. I hope it was a credit card purchase.

Old 07-26-2016, 01:38 PM   #17
BeauBoi
It was a credit card purchase, but the money was ~just~ refunded to my account (literally 2 minutes ago). However, it is less about the money to me, as it is about common decency. I tried calling him yesterday and today on both his cell phone and his business phone (and sent emails) but he didn't answer my calls. HOWEVER, when I sent his number to my sister via text, she immediately texted me back to let me know he answered her call on the first ring.

More to the point, I specifically called him before the purchase to make sure the snake was still available and he says he just "forgot" to let me know (for 2 days while he ignored my calls and emails) that the snake had sold.

Furthermore, I would like to know what he will be doing in the future to prevent this kind of thing from happening again. I find it difficult to believe that his inventory system (which removed the snake from the site the moment I purchased it) isn't somehow connected to whatever system the employee used.

All in all, it isn't how I would expect a reputable business to be run. If the situation were reversed and he had purchased one of my snakes, I would be bending over backwards to apologize and try to make this right. Of course, some people see it as "only a corn snake" and don't consider it a "big deal" because their other snakes are so much more expensive....

~Beau

Old 07-26-2016, 02:04 PM   #18
DollysMom
I agree Beau. Shoddy treatment at best. Dodging communication is ugly as well. However, I am glad the money was refunded. It truly was the least he could do.

Old 07-26-2016, 10:14 PM   #19
DLena
Just checked in hoping to hear great news. So sorry this happened to you. When shops are brick and mortar as well as on-line, there should definitely be a way to verify inventory. And I'm with Dolly'sMom, your money and something more than a 10% future discount should have come your way almost immediately. Again, sorry about the snake; she was really nifty!

Old 07-26-2016, 10:56 PM   #20
BeauBoi
Thanks y'all! I appreciate the support!
DollysMom (and anyone else interested), I am going to go ahead and post the details of the transaction on the BOI tomorrow morning. Someone who's opinion I respect when it comes to business eithics, reminded me that the BOI is for every transaction, not just the "Good / Bad Guy" ones. It will be posted as an "Information" thread.
Night All!
~BeauBoi

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google