CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Mandy the normal corn snake

Old 07-20-2016, 05:39 PM   #131
Karl_Mcknight
She is beautiful.

And she looks really long in this picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Today, I was watching Mandy explore..........
Later, I put her around my neck in order to finish filling and replacing her water. She was flipping her tail in my face like she was a cat. It was so funny. She almost stuck her tail in my nose, lol.
I can totally identify with that as I frequently carry Rufus around my neck, (He and I both seem to like that) and he will intently watch me while I clean his water bowl, sometimes stretching down to inspect and supervise. And if you have not tried this yet, you might want to see how Mandy reacts - next time you take a shower or bath and wash your hair, put her around your neck. Rufus loves to explore my wet hair after a shower and he crawls all through it, and yes he is a tail flicker too.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:00 PM   #132
DLena
DollysMom, you are the perfect mom for Mandy.

Old 07-20-2016, 07:49 PM   #133
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
She is beautiful.

And she looks really long in this picture.
Thank you. She is and she is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
I can totally identify with that as I frequently carry Rufus around my neck, (He and I both seem to like that) and he will intently watch me while I clean his water bowl, sometimes stretching down to inspect and supervise. And if you have not tried this yet, you might want to see how Mandy reacts - next time you take a shower or bath and wash your hair, put her around your neck. Rufus loves to explore my wet hair after a shower and he crawls all through it, and yes he is a tail flicker too.
Everytime I put Mandy around my neck I think of you and Rufus. I usually just do it for short times when I have to take care of something I need my hands for.

I hope this is not TMI, but I have and do handle my snakes after showering when I have still wet hair. When I'm not pressed for time it's a great time to relax with them. A bath robe makes a great snake climbing surface, too.

As to tail flicking, this is the first time I've ever been flicked in the face. It was so funny, but I had to keep my mouth closed while laughing for fear of getting a tail in my mouth, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
DollysMom, you are the perfect mom for Mandy
Thanks, DLena. I think the same way about you and you snakes, especially Gypsy.

Old 07-20-2016, 08:22 PM   #134
DLena
My blood pressure was down significantly at my physical last week. The nurse practioner asked me what I was doing differently, because I've also lost 30 pounds. You should have seen her face when I attributed the changes to snake ownership as of February 2016. When I'm tense or upset, I reach for a corn snake instead of a corn chip! Gypsy is the perfect hang-out buddy. She hangs out on my desk watching me or when I watch tv, she'll sit still forever if I slide my fingers along her belly scales. She likes her new life, as I'm sure Mandy does! And I sure do love mine; it's a perfect win-win.

Old 07-25-2016, 02:24 PM   #135
DollysMom
Quote:
My blood pressure was down significantly at my physical last week. The nurse practioner asked me what I was doing differently, because I've also lost 30 pounds. You should have seen her face when I attributed the changes to snake ownership as of February 2016. When I'm tense or upset, I reach for a corn snake instead of a corn chip! Gypsy is the perfect hang-out buddy. She hangs out on my desk watching me or when I watch tv, she'll sit still forever if I slide my fingers along her belly scales. She likes her new life, as I'm sure Mandy does! And I sure do love mine; it's a perfect win-win.
I'm so sorry I missed this post a few days ago! I agree about snakes being good for your health, mental and physical. I just feel a smile inside when I look at them.

Here's Mandy today. I look over at her viv and here's what I see. Too cute for words. Perfect example of what you are saying DLena!

Old 07-25-2016, 02:57 PM   #136
Pogie
Awww Mandy is beautiful! Your such a good snake mom

Old 07-25-2016, 03:06 PM   #137
DollysMom
Ty Pogie! Mandy is awesome, IMHO.

Old 07-25-2016, 03:18 PM   #138
DLena
She does love you, you know. I do think we matter to them.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:33 PM   #139
DollysMom
Quote:
She does love you, you know. I do think we matter to them.
I know

Out of words here.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:57 PM   #140
Eavlynn
Mandy is absolutely precious!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google