CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

Newbie corn mama

Old 07-25-2016, 05:28 PM   #11
shmecci
100% not in the enclosure! I have combed through the room, going to start unscrewing and checking things like my speakers next, nothing really on my walls the only things she could have got onto would be my window ledge and then possibly my bedside table :S so you don't think she would go down under the floorboards then.. more likely to go up?!

Old 07-25-2016, 05:32 PM   #12
shmecci
Honestly my worst fear is that she would be in the floorboards! I'm so annoyed I bought her a better enclosure than the one she came with so that she'd be more secure and it's ended up being a disaster

Old 07-25-2016, 05:52 PM   #13
DLena
Don't beat yourself up. Check systematically from one end to the other. I had 4ft long, 1000 gram Gypsy on the floor while I was cleaning out her viv and she ended up on the upper shelf of my printer table, wedged into a half-empty package of computer paper! Without making a sound. For peace of mind, check under the carpet. Is it a throw rug or wall to wall? What you don't want to do is have your checking create another hiding spot. Then, if you have a box, bin or two, start to clear out your room. Don't put anything into the box that you don't thoroughly check first. Take the box out when you leave so she doesn't relocate into it. You may have to empty he whole room. Is it your bedroom? If so, carefully remove your bedding a layer at a time, gently. Be sure to che k the be frame without shifting your box springs so if she is wedged along there you don't pinch her between the frame and the box spring. If your box spring is open anywhere, who could also be in the coils. Keep me posted. Lots of prayers to you.

Old 07-25-2016, 05:52 PM   #14
DLena
Sorry for the typos.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:10 PM   #15
shmecci
No problem thanks for your advice. She could really be anywhere in the house by now. The one place I haven't check in my room is in my bed (I have an ottoman bed) bit worried incase I squish her opening it

Old 07-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #16
DLena
Just check carefully. She could be there, especially if it smells like you and you've let her on it. Those factors would signal "safety" to her.

Old 07-25-2016, 06:39 PM   #17
shmecci
She's never really been out in my bedroom much I always take her downstairs she's not in my bed, going through and under my wardrobe

Old 07-25-2016, 06:47 PM   #18
DLena
Take your time. Do the powder and traps tonight and branch out into hallways and such. Put down a few water bowls near the walls. Dehydration is the enemy. How cold does it get at night over there?

Old 07-25-2016, 07:34 PM   #19
shmecci
Don't worry I put bowls of water in all the rooms straight away surrounded by circles of flour so I could see if she went for them. Good news I know what room she is in!!! My spare room - she has taken the mouse out of the bottle trap but gotten out, clever thing. I put flour along the doorway so she definitely hasn't left!

Old 07-25-2016, 07:36 PM   #20
shmecci
The better news is it's the smallest room in the house

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google