CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Server move happening SOON!

Old 10-15-2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Rich Z
Exclamation Server move happening SOON!

The new server is ready, so I will need to shut down this site for the duration. Not sure how long it will be down.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
tsst
When will the move start?

Old 10-15-2013, 12:18 PM   #3
Alicia P
Thank you for the heads up!

Old 10-15-2013, 12:43 PM   #4
Guruofchem
Woot! We'll miss it for a bit, but it will be nice not to get nekkid people popping randomly onto my screen...

Old 10-15-2013, 01:13 PM   #5
HerpsOfNM
Hopefully won't take long, just sent a customer over to nanci's tips and tricks sticky

Old 10-15-2013, 03:19 PM   #6
BooBoo18
Oh so happy to hear that on Friday a young lady showed me her boobs before I was able to click off the site. Where are the guys????

Old 10-15-2013, 03:52 PM   #7
NH93
Where are these "nekked" people I keep hearing about?
I just keep getting adds for reptile stuff! ... and resume builders. Jerk advertisers.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:19 PM   #8
Rich Z
The security guy needs to do some work before he commence with the site transfers. Apparently there were some executables hacked on the old server that would have prevented the Cpanel transfer. And I presume he is checking out the new server to make sure it is solid.

There probably won't be much warning when I get the word to shut down the sites to begin the transfer. But I'll do the best I can.

Wish this had taken place over the weekend when traffic is slower.

Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
Christen
I just got transfered to AFF and they have shut down the link saying that it is against the terms and conditions of the advertising bla bla bla. So at least if anyone gets redirected in the mean time they shouldnt be seeing naughty images. That makes me feel better for the kids on the site.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #10
Rich Z
Yeah, I just got something like that myself. Maybe the redirect site itself got shut down.

In any event, the server move has turned into a big bucket of snot. Even though I told the security guy the brand and model of the SSD drives on Saturday BEFORE I paid and OK'd the server to be built, NOW he is saying that they will have problems. Then he complains about the RAID controller. So now he is saying he refuses to manage my server for me. Yeah, cool, tell me this AFTER I already paid for it.

So I'm back to square one. I've just GOTTA stop pissing people off who come to me wanting to buy my sites. That's sounding more and more like a real good idea to me lately.

Might have to give those old valiums I've had in my desk drawer since 2007 a try tonight....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google