CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Administrative > Discussions about this site
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Discussions about this site How is this site doing? Any suggestions to make? This is the forum to talk about this website in general.

Does anyone know...

Old 10-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #1
kathylove
Does anyone know...

if Rich offers web hosting on this site or Fauna? I cant seem to find anything on either site about it. I have had my site hosted on KS for years, ever since I started it. Now they are not going to host anymore, and they suggest GoDaddy. But I thought I would see what, if anything, Rich offers, before I sign up elsewhere.

Old 10-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #2
Drizzt80
No, he no longer does website hosting. I used Rich's services for several years. I use StartLogic now.

D80

Old 10-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Rich Z
Sorry Kathy, but no, I don't do that any longer. It was too much weight on my shoulders being responsible for other's sites, and the amount of money the hosting was able to bring in just didn't justify that kind of stress. When prices dropped to around $7 a month, I decided to get out of it completely. And on top of that, any support call from any of my clients would have eaten up many times their monthly fee I was collecting. My time was just worth a whole lot more than that to me.

Honestly, I have no idea how companies can charge so little for hosting and not get eaten alive by the support costs.

I guess JeffB saw that writing on the wall as well....

Old 10-07-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
kathylove
Thanks for the quick reply! No problem - I know there are lots of choices out there. Just thought I would throw the support here, if it was available.

Thanks,
Kathy

Old 10-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #5
Truly Rare
Kathy I'll give you the guys email who does my website hosting and service, if you need it, as far as prices goes I have no idea but you can find out.

Old 10-07-2009, 11:34 PM   #6
Truly Rare
Just email me if you want it. Truiyrare@aol.com

Old 10-07-2009, 11:38 PM   #7
kathylove
Thanks - it wouldn't hurt to have all of the info possible. But we have a local computer friend who also does a few websites. So we will probably go with whatever he uses, since he will be helping us.

Thanks!

Old 10-08-2009, 06:55 AM   #8
El Jefe
+1 for GoDaddy! If you ever have a problem you actually can call a number and speak to a live person...and one that actually sounds like they live here in the states.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google