CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

Calling the TESSERA EXPERTS!

Old 08-07-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by multicorn View Post
Which one.. The right one????

If its the right one does the stripe get wider the further down or is that an illusion... ???? Also the stripe appears to bleed which tessera seems to prevent 'normally'?!?!?
Yes, the right one. Not sure how many Stripes Iv'e seen with a perfect full head pattern???

Also, the stripe does fade a little down close to the tail, but it does continue to the tail tip.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:59 AM   #12
Mitchell Mulks
Yeah, I'd agree with Nanci and Steve. If that's just a normal stripe, it is by far the BEST example of a stripe the world has ever seen. I really do think they're both tesseras, but the one in question is a tessera stripe. Heck, half the clutch should be striped, so it should be expected to get some killer tessy stripes in the clutch.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:27 PM   #13
Tom Tuttle
This striped Tessera was on here breeding loan from Don @ SMR for the 2011 & 2012 seasons. I produced some fantastic striped Tessera's and normal patterned Tesseras with some great hets from him. The last photo is a regular patterned Tessera /100% het stripe. A product of the pairing pictured above.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:40 PM   #14
Tom Tuttle
One of these 2013 Striped Tesseras will be going to live with Don. They have some awesome hets.

Old 08-08-2013, 05:42 PM   #15
fyrefocks
Tom, I'm assuming that these beauties are homo for stripe?

Old 08-08-2013, 07:17 PM   #16
multicorn
Amber stripe/motley Tessera

normal stripe (amber)

tessera Macro

NON tessera macro

well this is my theory anyway hahahaha..!!!

I base it on what I would hold back for projects I would keep the definite tessera but I wouldn't keep the other..!!

I hope the other is a tessera stripe if so I have sold tessera stripes for $40 (ooops)

the more years we all produce these we will get it sorted hahahaha..!!

Old 08-08-2013, 08:39 PM   #17
steve roylance
Notice that the Nuchal stripe on Tessies and Striped Tessies is always connected to the head pattern, and on Reg Stripes it's disconnected.

Nice pics BTW!!!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:07 PM   #18
Nanci
I thought it was the opposite, Steve, but I wouldn't go so far as to say always..

Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 PM   #19
zorro
As I understand it, the only thing that would determine whether it is a tessera or not is if the stripe goes beyond the vent. I got this from Don who has held this belief since striped tesseres came out. All the striped regular corns (even the fully striped ones) stop at the vent (some with that cool bowtie at the end). As Don has said this has been true for all the striped tesseras he has hatched and sold but could change as we breed more tesseras who seem to make near perfect stripes and motleys into regular corns.
John

Old 08-09-2013, 06:26 AM   #20
steve roylance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
I thought it was the opposite, Steve, but I wouldn't go so far as to say always..
Look at the Striped Motley Amber Tesseras head pattern the stripes and it, are one. The arrowhead head pattern turns into striping. The Striped Ambers head pattern is reduced and separate from the striped at the neck (Not touching). Maybe not always, but at least on the ones Iv'e seen so far. Also like John said the stripes continue down the length of the tail.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google