CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Husbandry and Basic Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Husbandry and Basic Care General stuff about keeping and maintaining cornsnakes in captivity.

Corn snake enclosures

Old 04-03-2016, 05:32 PM   #11
5280snake
Smiley just adores his large bark hide over the warm side UTH. A very happy King of his castle. He's an 8 year old 5'6" normal and this 40B tank seems just the right size for him to stretch out and explore. Burrowing is a recent hobby of his so we've added 6 QT. of the sphagnum moss.

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/att...1&d=1459718450

http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/att...1&d=1459718450

Old 04-03-2016, 05:36 PM   #12
5280snake

Old 04-07-2016, 10:48 PM   #13
Daven

Made a few adjustments! Much better now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 04-08-2016, 09:48 PM   #14
DollysMom
Work in progress

New empty viv here. I've been working on this one for about a week so far. Temps are stable, but I don't have the warm hide yet, just a little clear plastic bowl as a place holder.

I had to add a second UTH on the cool side to get the temps I need. That's just on a lamp dimmer (rheostat), the warm side has a thermostat.

I think I need some more vines and will be looking for more/better branches. It's a decent start so far.

Old 04-08-2016, 09:52 PM   #15
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5280snake View Post
Smiley just adores his large bark hide over the warm side UTH. A very happy King of his castle. He's an 8 year old 5'6" normal and this 40B tank seems just the right size for him to stretch out and explore. Burrowing is a recent hobby of his so we've added 6 QT. of the sphagnum moss.
Beautiful. That moss looks extra nice, too!

Old 04-10-2016, 06:46 AM   #16
GFvanWyk
Whisper's Home for now

This is Whisper's current home it is 73(L)x37(D)x 36(H). Whisper is only 1 month old right now.

I am planning to buy a home the same as posted by Karl_Mcknight. The size will be 90 x 45 x 90 cm. It is the largest they have at this stage.

Now my question to the experts is. Will this new home be OK for Whisper for the rest of its life or should I buy another when it is grown out?

Yes it is still it. Have not sexed it yet.

Old 04-10-2016, 07:25 AM   #17
Karl_Mcknight
Actually the home you have pictured above is big enough for most corn snakes. The one you are talking about getting is more than enough.

The only concern for me at the moment is that I don't see any type of Ventilation in your current set up. It looks like it's an enclosed box more or less. There should be a screen side or top or a fan of some type to provide air exchange.

Old 04-21-2016, 06:22 AM   #18
GFvanWyk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karl_Mcknight View Post
Actually the home you have pictured above is big enough for most corn snakes. The one you are talking about getting is more than enough.

The only concern for me at the moment is that I don't see any type of Ventilation in your current set up. It looks like it's an enclosed box more or less. There should be a screen side or top or a fan of some type to provide air exchange.
Concern taken care of. We got a new home for Whisper AND Tequila. 1000(L) x 600(H) x 400(D) About 50% of both sides are slotted ventilation. About 80% of the top is meshed ventilation. Temperature on the warm side (Right) is 27 C and the cold side (Left) is 20 C. Unfortunately I have not bought a humidity meter yet. There is no lighting yet.

Tequila is Whisper's brother OR sister (Have not had them sexed yet). Tequila's parents does not have space for her yet. We have moved all the furniture into their new home, so the old home first needs to be decorated.
In any case I include a picture of the new home. Now most probably ANOTHER concern. Even at this age, (8 weeks) is cohabitation a problem? They used to sleep together in a hole in the rock, now however since the new home Tequila sleep in the log and Whisper in the rock.

The heating pad is under the right hand side of the viv. Any suggestions on how we can improve their living conditions would be appreciated.

Francois

Old 04-30-2016, 05:30 PM   #19
cinnabunbun
Setting a better long term home for my corn right now. He's digesting as of current and will be ready to move on May 2nd.

Not inside right now is his water dish, Hanging silk plant on the Right. and aspen. Warm side is Left, and cool side is right. I'll be putting in an inch of aspen on the left and 2-3 inches on the right. I have more cardboard boxes that I can put in to clutter a bit more. I cannot find a small reptile hammock ):

Any tips and suggestions are welcomed!

Old 04-30-2016, 06:12 PM   #20
nicolefowler2005
What are those two yellow things in there?

Nicole

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
enclosure, setup