• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

NOTICE!!! - Check the BOI!

And I might add don't forget to do your positive BOI's if you had a great experience with someone. I know I am guilty. I will get everyone that I bought snakes from this year, I just haven't sat down to do it yet.

But I know that really helps with people decisions as well.

A reminder to actually READ the threads. I know for a fact that there are threads (one very recently posted) where the title says "Bad Guy" but the OP actually turns out to be the liar and the cheat and the supposed bad guy is in reality a "Good Guy". There is one older thread where the title asks who the bad guys to avoid are but members were replying with the names of breeders they recommend and my name was mentioned, but if you didn't go past the title, you could falsely assume I am one of the bad guys.

It is very important to read the BOI when you're considering buying an animal from anyone.
If you don't see a BOI thread for someone you're considering buying from, ask around. It's better to research & avoid heartache.

I can not urge new members strongly enough to check the BOI before you buy online. A few minutes searching could save you a lot of heartache.

Another reminder to check the BOI prior to purchase. Don't be lulled into a false sense of complacency just because you see the ad in a place you associate with good things, for instance, even this site.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of complacency simply because the seller tells you he has lots of credentials. Don't be lulled into a false sense of complacency because the seller's site is slick with lots of pretty pictures and glowing descriptions of healthy animals.

There's and old timey saying: 'The proof of the pudding is in the eating'. Go check the BOI every time you consider a purchase to see how the pudding tasted to the last person who dealt with your seller. You would be surprised at some of the wolves in sheep's clothing that put slick ads out and wait for their prey.

In fact, why not take a test drive today? Go over to the BOI and look around now, that way when you are ready to buy, you already know where to go and how to look.

Lucille is right! ALWAYS check the BOI. If you can't find the person you are looking for, put out an inquiry. I'd be happy to help in any way I can. I can steer you away from someone who has a high probability of selling you snakes that will die. I don't want to see that happen.

I see it's time to bump the BOI thread! Don't forget to check the BOI, no matter how great a bargain the snakes are, no matter how "big" a name is selling them, no matter how pretty they are.

One wonders, why does someone selling snakes lock their post? Perhaps they have something to hide!

On here, I closed my posts of for sale snakes when they sold. I couldn't figure out how to delete it, so I figured I'd just close it. Maybe that wasn't a smart idea?

One wonders, why does someone selling snakes lock their post? Perhaps they have something to hide!

Thank You so very much Nanci.

I have done all I could to make things right with anyone who has had any misfortune with any of my snakes. I have culled all snakes out of my collection that dont appear 100% ok in every way. I have had several of them tested before I euthanized them and confirmed that none of them had any disease or infections. I still put some of them down because they were not perfect and I am trying to avoid any future problems. I apologized to all that have had bad experiences and reimbursed a pile of money to show good faith. Nobody has had any of their snakes infected with anything contracted from my snakes because my snakes are not infected with anything.
My mistake was getting too excited and getting in too deep with too many snakes and ending up with too many eggs and hatchlings. Many of them double clutched without a second breeding. (I thought that was an indication of Very Good Health.) That is how I ended up with more mouths to feed than I could handle. I did my best to keep up with the demands of all the extra hatchlings in addition to working unexpected excessively long hours at work but the longer time went on, the more difficult the struggle became and as a result, some of the snakes apparently became internally compromised over time. I always had a sense of hope that they would all be ok if I just didnt stop trying to take care of them. It just didnt work out that way. That is why the problem was only with the hatchlings and not with Juveniles or Adults.
I never sold anything to anyone with the hope that it would die in the hands of new owners.
I am trying to work my way back into people's good graces but without a fair chance, it isnt possible. Posting a thread like the one you have posted here, suggesting that I am hiding things, is counterproductive and unfair.
I dont appreciate being made out to be some sort of criminal. I would have never reimbursed anybody for anything if I was trying to get away with anything.
I never thought that locking a sale thread was an indication of 'Hiding Anything'. I feel it is a way of preventing the thread from getting cluttered with a bunch of chatter that distracts people from the purpose of the thread.
(Or protecting it from being sabotaged by people with grudges).
By Offering Measurements, Weights and Food Sizes on the snakes I am trying to sell, is a way of comforting people as to exactly what they should expect when they get the snake. I have sold several snakes since all this mess originally unfolded and have had nothing but happy recipients.
I am trying to significantly reduce my breeding stock so I am not faced with the same challenges in 2012. All these animals are Healthy and Brumating Quietly. Without continued interference, maybe I will be able to get this accomplished.
Thank you for understanding.

You can't delete a For Sale thread after 30 days. Every comment and question bumps your ad. A good thing! Unless you don't want public commentary for some reason...

Thank You so very much Nanci.

I have done all I could to make things right with anyone who has had any misfortune with any of my snakes. I have culled all snakes out of my collection that dont appear 100% ok in every way. I have had several of them tested before I euthanized them and confirmed that none of them had any disease or infections. I still put some of them down because they were not perfect and I am trying to avoid any future problems. I apologized to all that have had bad experiences and reimbursed a pile of money to show good faith. Nobody has had any of their snakes infected with anything contracted from my snakes because my snakes are not infected with anything.
My mistake was getting too excited and getting in too deep with too many snakes and ending up with too many eggs and hatchlings. Many of them double clutched without a second breeding. (I thought that was an indication of Very Good Health.) That is how I ended up with more mouths to feed than I could handle. I did my best to keep up with the demands of all the extra hatchlings in addition to working unexpected excessively long hours at work but the longer time went on, the more difficult the struggle became and as a result, some of the snakes apparently became internally compromised over time. I always had a sense of hope that they would all be ok if I just didnt stop trying to take care of them. It just didnt work out that way. That is why the problem was only with the hatchlings and not with Juveniles or Adults.
I never sold anything to anyone with the hope that it would die in the hands of new owners.
I am trying to work my way back into people's good graces but without a fair chance, it isnt possible. Posting a thread like the one you have posted here, suggesting that I am hiding things, is counterproductive and unfair.
I dont appreciate being made out to be some sort of criminal. I would have never reimbursed anybody for anything if I was trying to get away with anything.
I never thought that locking a sale thread was an indication of 'Hiding Anything'. I feel it is a way of preventing the thread from getting cluttered with a bunch of chatter that distracts people from the purpose of the thread.
(Or protecting it from being sabotaged by people with grudges).
By Offering Measurements, Weights and Food Sizes on the snakes I am trying to sell, is a way of comforting people as to exactly what they should expect when they get the snake. I have sold several snakes since all this mess originally unfolded and have had nothing but happy recipients.
I am trying to significantly reduce my breeding stock so I am not faced with the same challenges in 2012. All these animals are Healthy and Brumating Quietly. Without continued interference, maybe I will be able to get this accomplished.
Thank you for understanding.

You hurt countless numbers of my friends, badly. You blamed them when snakes died. Snakes that had been starved to near death. All those poor hatchlings that never had a chance.

You made people who were good snake-keepers doubt their snake husbandry. _I_ am one of the ones that had to comfort the people whose snakes died, who had to try to tell them how to pick themselves up and move on. Who had to tell them how to protect the rest of their collection from God knows what. I and many other members here know way, way too much about modes of disease transmission and PCR testing and necropsies. I have spent countless hours doing research for frantic people with hatchlings dying one after another, with no way to stop the carnage.

You never even apologized, until now.

I hope you have taken a step back and re-evaluated your practices. Best of luck to you in 2012. I hope you have a season of healthy hatchlings.

Thank you for finally addressing this issue directly.

My statement still stands: check the BOI. No one person is being singled out here.

Back