• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

New corn snake owner

MickeyFireMouse

Hey,

I'm Mike, And we saved a few corn snakes a few months ago.
We are really happy with them and love to know more about it.

To our surprise, the female laid 8 eggs right after we got them. I improvised a hibernation space in the existing terrarium and a few weeks ago all the eggs hatched :)

So now we are the happy owners of 10 snakes and are wondering if anybody would know what the color pattern or morphs of these snakes are.

Hope to learn a lot on this forum!

Thanks

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 17
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 17
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    259.6 KB · Views: 16
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 17
Bit more information: The Male (bright orange one) is about 5 years of age. The Female brown one is about 10 years of age. She is about 1.20 meter in length and they are both super friendly. :)

Welcome to the forum! The dad is an amel and the mom is a normal. The babies are normals.

Ideally you'll want to separate all the snakes into their own enclosures if you haven't already.

Yeah I have them all in their own bins. Bought a 13 level high heated rack.
Except mom and dad they are still together, but they seem to like it. The enclosure is about 2 meter wide.

At one point I had 70+ Corns of all different ages and sizes. I built racks for comfort and used a system to keep an eye on them. I had a system to keep track of feeding, shedding, and everything. The one thing I never did and would never suggest is cohabitating.

These are your snakes and it's your choice. This may work out great for you, but one day you could wake up to a clutch of eggs if indeed they are a male and female. I'm not sure what your plans are with these two or any of your snakes. I do know the Corns are very addicting. They have kinda dipped off over the last decade, but they are due for a comeback.

JMO

Back