• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Shedding Question

LeaWildcat

Has anyone ever have their snake not show any signs before a shed? Our female corn had a perfect shed almost a month ago and we were expecting another one and watching her closely so we could increase the humidity and nothing. She never got the opaque or blue eyes like the first shed. Just went in there tonight to let her ride around in my pocket (her favorite thing) and there was a partial shed. We have been soaking her and then letting her go thru the repti bark (she didn't like the towels much) trying to help the shed along. She has her beautiful brown eyes but we haven't found the eyecaps yet and she acts like she's not seeing very well any other suggestions? As long as I handle her she is fine; she bit both my boyfriend and daughter after they picked her up to put her in the bath and they handle her only a little bit less than me.

Well....

I don't have a corn (I'm not allowed, so don't think its my fault), but I say help and peel the skin off little by little, as long as it doesn't look like its hurting her. I would be a bigger help if I knew a little more about corns, but I don't. I'm still studying. I'll try to find out more.:)

I've found that a difficult or partial shed can be helped by putting the snake in a small container loosely, but completely, filled with wet newspaper for a 24 hour period. Trying to pick the dead skin off yourself isn't as easy as it sounds and may cause more harm than good.

Back