CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Mystic Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Mystic Exotics Welcome! Mystic Exotics is a small, home-based business in the PNW. Here you will find photos of my animals, breeding projects, and occasional random fun stuff. Thank you for visiting!

Alabama locality

Old 11-24-2011, 03:50 AM   #1
MysticExotics
Alabama locality

I hope to eventually make sure the Alabama Corns become as well known as Miami's. I know a couple people that have worked with or do work with the Alabama locality Corns.

After seeing Mica, an unknown aged (adult) female WC Alabama, I got hooked on them in the first place.

So I told Walter, that if he had any more Alabama's he wanted to let go of, to let me know.
He had a 1.1 pair that were offspring of Mica's, from an unknown (wild) male. Mica was gravid when she was caught, & he ended up with a surprise clutch. So I have that pair as well.

Later, I aquired a 1.1 pair of Alabama's het for Hypo, which I will be pairing together this coming season.

Making more Alabama's is on my list for this coming season. I will be holding some back, to continue the Alabama line.
I will also continue to work with Tara, on furthering the Alabama Tessera project that we started.

There are a couple other "Alabama folk" that I hope to work with as well, & I hope to make the Alabama name recognized.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:17 PM   #2
MysticExotics
Here are my Alabama's

In order of pictures:
Mica-unk age adult female (WC)
Katzen-2007 offspring of Mica's-sired by unknown wild male
Silber-2007 offspring of Mica's-sired by unknown wild male
Tora-2008 Alabama het Hypo (from Hypo Okeetee female X Alabama male)
Tane-2008 Alabama het Hypo (from Hypo Okeetee female X Alabama male)

*Tora & Tane will likely be available after the 2012 breeding season.

Old 11-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #3
MysticExotics
Those of you with Alabama's, feel free to post pics of them here!

Old 11-25-2011, 01:10 PM   #4
Tara80
Heather, thank you so much for introducing me to this type of snake. I've glanced by them a few times and made a huge mistake by looking over them. They are gorgeous. That is an understatement actually.. seeing them in person is unbelievable.

I think research on this 'locality' morph is a great idea and an amazing undertaking. I also wonder if there isn't a recessive (or dominant) gene involved that produces the really dark (and shiny) overcoat.
This will be a fun project! I appreciate that you allowed me be a part of it.

Old 11-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
Buzzard
Hi Heather,

I'm in. Let me give you the run down on Sunshine. In 2009, I found this odd looking snake, that resembled a corn but looked also like a gray rat snake. Not knowing what the heck it could be, I posted her on this forum. After a few post, I found out Walter had a pair and immediately we agreed it was a Alabama corn snake. A few weeks later, She laid a clutch of 10 eggs. Awesome...... I ended up sending a pair to Virgina (I think). Later on he said that they stopped eating and passed(bummer). I kept 2 to continue the line. The next season I breed her to an Anery to see if perhaps she was some form of Anery type snake. Nope, most of the babies came out normal with one exception(red), I kept. Loving the silver coration, burnt red(brick red) saddles and the abnormal amout of yellow these guys seem to have, I was wondering if I could get an Amel version and if it would look any different. Perhaps with more yellow, or even that brick red coloration instead of the normal reds. So I paired her up with my Striped Amel Male, Crush. Out of 10 eggs only 5 hatched. 2 females and 3 males. 1 female did not make it. The other 4 are eating like champs. So far that has been my projects with these amazing looking snakes.

Sunshine

Gray(09 fml AL)

Al (09 male AL)

Red (10 male AL) het Anery motley ph hypo

3 of the 4 (2011 AL) het Amel Stripe ph anery
Fml

Male

Male

Old 11-25-2011, 03:33 PM   #6
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara80 View Post
Heather, thank you so much for introducing me to this type of snake. I've glanced by them a few times and made a huge mistake by looking over them. They are gorgeous. That is an understatement actually.. seeing them in person is unbelievable.

I think research on this 'locality' morph is a great idea and an amazing undertaking. I also wonder if there isn't a recessive (or dominant) gene involved that produces the really dark (and shiny) overcoat.
This will be a fun project! I appreciate that you allowed me be a part of it.
I'm happy to have found a friend that lives fairly close, that has the same taste in morphs, so that we can work together on projects.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Hi Heather,

I'm in. Let me give you the run down on Sunshine. In 2009, I found this odd looking snake, that resembled a corn but looked also like a gray rat snake. Not knowing what the heck it could be, I posted her on this forum. After a few post, I found out Walter had a pair and immediately we agreed it was a Alabama corn snake. A few weeks later, She laid a clutch of 10 eggs. Awesome...... I ended up sending a pair to Virgina (I think). Later on he said that they stopped eating and passed(bummer). I kept 2 to continue the line. The next season I breed her to an Anery to see if perhaps she was some form of Anery type snake. Nope, most of the babies came out normal with one exception(red), I kept. Loving the silver coration, burnt red(brick red) saddles and the abnormal amout of yellow these guys seem to have, I was wondering if I could get an Amel version and if it would look any different. Perhaps with more yellow, or even that brick red coloration instead of the normal reds. So I paired her up with my Striped Amel Male, Crush. Out of 10 eggs only 5 hatched. 2 females and 3 males. 1 female did not make it. The other 4 are eating like champs. So far that has been my projects with these amazing looking snakes.
I was hoping you would chime in.
I am so glad there are others working with these beautiful snakes!
Thanks for adding the pics!

Old 11-25-2011, 03:50 PM   #7
MysticExotics
Here are my babies from the first Alabama project we worked on. They are out of Mica, & Tara's Tessera, Taz. (They're in the Alabama Tessera progression thread as well).

The ground color is turning out really cool, & I cannot wait to see how they look full grown!

Old 11-25-2011, 03:54 PM   #8
Buzzard
I can not tell on the 1st 2 but the last 2 you can see the AL trait in the back half of the bodies. The next couple of years are going to be exciting for you, I can see it coming

Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for you on that project.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:14 PM   #9
MysticExotics
Yes, you can see it & I'm excited to see them full grown!
I also wonder about what Tara mentioned, that there might be some sort of recessive or dominant gene at play.

Another curious thing I noticed, was that a couple of these babies have het Sunkissed type markers, where the other Tessera clutch did not.

Old 11-25-2011, 04:39 PM   #10
Tara80
I will have to take a few pictures of mine for you Heather, once I find my camera!
We've spent the majority of the week looking for it and we have no clue where it could be!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google