CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

This is Mona

Old 02-05-2018, 05:13 PM   #31
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patmart View Post
I put some pictures on of my 2 corns
But got a very rude comment of Karl so I haven’t put any on since
Don’t worry about upsetting people most people on this site are lovely and will help as much as they can
Just enjoy your new baby
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You got a very rude comment from me because you posted your pictures of "Your Corn snake" on "MY Corn Snake's Page." Feel free to post all you want on your own page, and on other people's too if they allow it. But I'd prefer my snake's page to not be cluttered up with other people's posts. Perhaps if you'd take the time to learn "Forum Etiquette" you'd understand that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabeena View Post
I am so sorry for causing problems. I never meant for that to happen and I really feel bad about it. I'm not a great photographer and it's hard to get a pic of a wriggly baby............
You didn't cause any problems what so ever. The rude folks trying to tell you your corn snake was not a corn snake are the ones that did that. After seeing your new pictures, I still say you have a corn snake.

Old 02-05-2018, 06:19 PM   #32
Shiari
the eyes are yellow. The head pattern is absent. The whole snake is turning yellow but has dark pigment and it's not a caramel. It's not a sunkissed. It's not a masque. It's not a diffused. It's not a stripe.
This snake checks a bunch of boxes for not a corn snake. Karl, why don't you tel is what morph you think this snake is and why say corn despite the yellow eyes, yellow body, and absent head pattern? Because I'm at least explaining why I think it's a yellow rat snake with traits rather than "a pet store sold it as a corn"

Nina, I'm sorry this thread has devolved this. I hope you can see the traits I'm pointing to for why this baby appears to be a yellow rat snake rather than a corn did you can take the necessary husbandry differences into account. He's a gorgeous little noodle and you'll have a fun couple decades with him. I enjoyed my yellow rat immensely.

Old 02-05-2018, 07:32 PM   #33
Ninabeena
I'm just hoping that she mellows out as she gets older. She's still very skittish and doesn't like being handled and when she's in her feeding tub she turns into the basilisk from Harry Potter lol. Please tell me they calm down and that I will be able to enjoy her instead of her wanting to eat my face

Old 02-05-2018, 07:44 PM   #34
Shiari
Many babies are like that because in the wild everything wants to eat them. Regular, calm handling should cause her to improve as she gets older. My blind old man was quite sweet once he realized who i was but if I startled him... hooowheee was that fun. You might also leave an article of worn clothing in the cage so the snake becomes used to your scent in the environment.

Old 02-06-2018, 08:08 AM   #35
Patmart
Karl all I’m saying is there is no need to be rude you could have sad it in a different way

Old 02-06-2018, 10:19 AM   #36
Karl_Mcknight
You stated you posted pictures on this forum and I made rude comments about it. You left out 1 important part..... "The Truth."

You failed to state that I made the rude comments because you posted the pictures on "My Page."

Did (Does) the thought not occur to you that if you post pics on your page and not mine, then maybe I would not have made those comments?

I happen to find what you did to be very rude as well.

If you're going to run around this web forum "Bad Mouthing me and making rude comments about me" at least have the gall to tell "Your Part" in it as well.

Old 02-06-2018, 10:27 AM   #37
Patmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninabeena View Post
I'm just hoping that she mellows out as she gets older. She's still very skittish and doesn't like being handled and when she's in her feeding tub she turns into the basilisk from Harry Potter lol. Please tell me they calm down and that I will be able to enjoy her instead of her wanting to eat my face

Hi I’ve got 2 corns George and zusee is the girl I’ve had her about six months now and she is still shy
I had her when she was about 11 months old
George we had him at 9 weeks old he was shy at first but now at just over a year old he liked been held
Just give her time
Pat

Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 AM   #38
Shiari
As a morph breakdown for further evidence against a corn, we can immediately rule out many things. It's not an amel because it has black pigment. It's not a lavender because it's yellow. It's not an anery because the eyes are yellow. It's not a sunkissed; saddle shape is wrong plus thee head pattern wouldn't be absent, just modified. It's not diffused as the lateral patterning is completely intact. It's clearly not a motley or stripe because there's no modification to the dorsal patterning. It's not a single gene lava or dilute it hypo or ultra or ultramel. If it's a corn though some sort of hypo would definitely be at play as the snake is gray rather than black. Can't be ultramel anery to explain the excess yellow because the yellow is diffusely over the snake, plus the eyes are yellow. It's not a single gene caramel but it looks nothing like any amber or golddust I've ever seen anywhere.

We have a snake with yellow eyes, no head pattern but also no morphs that can modify a head pattern to such a degree, a gray snake with an even yellow wash to the whole body rather than concentrated like in corns, plus the deeply scalloped saddle edges mostly seen in non corns but especially in yellow rat snakes. Yellow rat snakes which lack head patterns, have yellow eyes, scalloped saddle edges, and start out a grayish color and turn yellow as they move from hatchling to juvenile.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #39
Ninabeena
So I have just got off the phone with Petsmart about this whole matter. The lady told me they don't ever carry rat snakes and neither does their vendor blah blah blah,that they sold my son a corn snake. I told her about all the pics that I have taken, discussions with people on the forum, pics that I have seen on the internet, the shape of her head, the pattern on her body etc. all leading to the fact that it is a yellow rat snake. She said that was impossible because they never carry rat snakes so I said well then your vendor is messing you about and selling you the wrong snakes.

She took my number, said she would talk with her vendor and head office etc. So she called me back and still insisted I didn't know what I was talking about and that I have a corn snake because that's what it was labeled as. I said okay so if it's a turtle but labeled as a salamander then you sell it as a salamander even though we all know it's a turtle? There's nothing I can do about this because it's past the 14 day return policy for animals. I even told her that I am not the only one this has happened to here in Ontario.

I asked her if this rat snake came out of the air since they are telling me they didn't sell it to my son even though I have the receipt right here grrrr. They don't care that they sold the wrong thing and I'm just the insane lady on the phone talking about fake unicorns.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:53 AM   #40
Shiari
If they never sell rat snakes then how do they have corns for sale?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google