CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Rich Z's Blatherings
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Rich Z's Blatherings Since Connie and I have retired the SerpenCo business, topics here will focus on topics of a more personal and general nature.

New garage

Old 04-01-2010, 11:36 AM   #21
Jadie.Glitch
Wow, that looks amazing! I can't see the video until I go home, but the pic was handy.

So, if you don't mind me asking (and just don't answer if you do; I don't mind), what is your estimate as to how much this cost you? We are looking for a house and we NEED a garage, then we were thinking about buying a house without one and having one built but have no idea where to start in pricing something like that...

I love the fact that yours is sealed. That helps sooo much. We have a rodent problem too (field mice coming it to try snacking in our garage pantry) and they've been having fun playing in my husband's 1970 Mustang. As you can imagine, he is none-too-happy about that. We tried taping moth balls to the car cover but that just stunk us out and the mice laughed at us . Jerks.

Old 04-01-2010, 12:48 PM   #22
tsst
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
Well, I guess the epoxy has cured enough so I pulled in one of the vehicles. I checked over the floor and it looks like I missed several spots with that second coat of clear. But darn it was hard seeing that new coat when I put it down, so all things considered, I didn't do too badly. You really have to look to find those spots anyway. But I did two coats figuring that between the both of them, EVERY inch will get at least one coat of clear. Heck, one part of me wants to be the perfectionist and sand it down to apply another coat, but yet another side of me is saying, "Hey dummy! It's JUST a garage!"....
I lost track of the other thread Rich. Is the new Vette motor in and done now?

Old 04-02-2010, 01:10 AM   #23
Rich Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsst View Post
I lost track of the other thread Rich. Is the new Vette motor in and done now?
No......

Last I heard (this past Monday) the block (RHS) is on it's way from the warehouse in Ohio to LME in Texas. LME says they need two weeks to prep the block, install crank, rods, pistons, etc., and mount the heads on the block and check everything out. Then the engine needs to be shipped to Blountstown, FL, where my car is hibernating.

So my guestimate is that I won't have my car back till first part of May. That will make it 6 months it will have been in the shop.

In the meantime I've had the aluminum front and rear cradles (they hold the engine and the drivetrain on the frame) home where I am polishing them. Yeah, pretty crazy since NO one will ever really see them. But at least I have SOME of my car here.

Old 04-02-2010, 07:58 AM   #24
tsst
Quote:
No......

Last I heard (this past Monday) the block (RHS) is on it's way from the warehouse in Ohio to LME in Texas. LME says they need two weeks to prep the block, install crank, rods, pistons, etc., and mount the heads on the block and check everything out. Then the engine needs to be shipped to Blountstown, FL, where my car is hibernating.

So my guestimate is that I won't have my car back till first part of May. That will make it 6 months it will have been in the shop.

In the meantime I've had the aluminum front and rear cradles (they hold the engine and the drivetrain on the frame) home where I am polishing them. Yeah, pretty crazy since NO one will ever really see them. But at least I have SOME of my car here.
Is the silver C6 in the pic above just a spare?

Old 04-02-2010, 06:00 PM   #25
Rich Z
Quote:
Is the silver C6 in the pic above just a spare?
Yeah, kinda....... Connie doesn't like driving a stickshift.....

Old 04-04-2010, 02:01 AM   #26
Asbit
My god Rich this is one thread I can never ever let my hubby see, he will demand a matching car and garage to yours, esp. after he sees what happened to 1/4 of the floor of his garage yesterday!!!

Old 04-04-2010, 08:41 AM   #27
tsst
Quote:
Yeah, kinda....... Connie doesn't like driving a stickshift.....
Nice. I have been thinking about a C5/C6, right now I have a 383 powered C3.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:59 AM   #28
Rich Z
Quote:
Nice. I have been thinking about a C5/C6, right now I have a 383 powered C3.
Yeah, the C3s are eye catchers on the road. Pretty radical body styling.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google