CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Cleanly corn?

Old 11-24-2016, 01:08 PM   #1
born2slither
Cleanly corn?

Something interesting I noticed about my corn. When he poops in the tank, he always does so on the cool end of the tank , the area he spends the least amount of time. Mostly stays on the warm end.

Noticed I said "when he poops in the tank". This is because after a feeding, roughly about 2-3 days after when I take him out to handle, I will place him in the feeding container for a few mins to do some tank maintenance. This is after I handle him for 20mins or so. He does not poop while being handled. After a few mins of being in the feeding container, he will poop. I search his tank thoroughly for poop to make sure it is clean after each handling session, and rarely find any poop.

Anyone else have this experience? I heard that snakes have limited intelligence compared to other animals, but it makes me wonder if he really has a sense of his personal space and hygiene.

Old 11-27-2016, 12:12 PM   #2
WillowBug
Cool, makes cage cleaning easier . Snakes are much more intelligent than people give them credit for. Ours even pokes his head out when we call him. Snakes are also creatures of habit.

Old 11-27-2016, 02:37 PM   #3
Squeak
I have a dedicated "poo" towel for my bigger girl. She refuses to go in her tank, and only messed her tank the first 2 meals after adopting her a year ago. She eats on Sunday, comes out on Wednesday to poop. We both seem relatively happy with the arrangement. :P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google